This is probably the easiest way to dress up a plain ole’ Ikea Rast Nightstand, other than just painting it. I really like these nightstands because they provide a good amount of storage. Six, good sized, extra drawers for 2 nightstands is pretty impressive and definitely helped us when trying to find storage in this small bedroom. Also, for $34.99, they can’t be beat. The only problem is, they’re not very cute when you buy them. They need some dressing up for sure. Today I’m going to show you have to make them super cute and it’s super easy!
**If your corner braces and drawer pulls don’t match, spray paint them to match. I did that because I wanted mine gold.
1. First, assemble your nightstand according to the directions. Do not install the drawer pulls that it comes with.
2. Use wood filler (according to the directions on the bottle) and fill the predrilled holes on the drawer fronts. When dry, sand them smooth with sandpaper.
3. Paint your nightstand whatever color you’d like. I used white and poured a little bit of Behr’s Canton Jade into the white to give it just a hint of mint color.
4. When the paint is completely dry, install your corner braces. This was the most time consuming part, believe it or not because there are 48 screws! Sheesh!
5. Measure for the center of the drawer and install your drawer pulls. We drilled holes for the screws after measuring where the center was and installed them pretty quickly.
As you can see up close, we got a little lazy on the second night stand and realized the braces stay fine without all 48 screws. I dunno about you but I’m cool with skipping a few of the 96 screws on 2 nightstands. 😉 Here’s what they look like on either side of my bed. I really just love them!
I just bought a 3rd Ikea Rast to dress up for my boys’ room makeover that I’m working on. I took a little different approach on that one. Can’t wait to show you!
If you want to save this project tutorial, pin the image above to your favorite Pinterest board.
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah