Today we’re going to show you how to remove spray paint from skin. Removing spray paint from skin can can be super frustrating unless you know how to get it off quickly without irritating your skin or taking forever to remove it! Check out this easy DIY tip for removing paint from skin!
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Lemon Oil – I love Doterra brand – It’s one of their less expensive oils and it works amazingly well for so many things!
- Baking soda – optional
Spray painting is undoubtedly the quickest way to transform pretty much anything! I was spray painting my basketball hoop pole (post?) when I realized I was getting overspray from the spray paint bottle all over my hands! It turned out great but then I was left with spray paint coated hands right before bedtime. Often times, just taking a shower doesn’t get rid of the paint so I thought I’d share with you guys how to remove spray paint from skin. Works like a charm for me every time!
How to remove spray paint from skin:
- Use a few squirts of Fractionated Coconut Oil and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to coat the skin completely.
- Scrub your hands until the paint begins to dissolve.
- Use a sponge or an old toothbrush to scrub off any difficult to remove areas including around nails.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Wash your hands/skin with a moisturizing hand soap. Lotion or hand cream, if desired since spray paint and scrubbing has a tendency to dry out your skin.
How to remove spray paint from skin video
How to remove spray paint from skin without these oils
If you don’t have these oils, you can try olive oil or vegetable oil in lieu of coconut oil and use baking soda instead of lemon oil.
Since you came here because you have spray paint on your hands, that tells me that maybe you enjoy spray painting projects! No?
For more spray paint projects, check out:
- Gold Spray Painted Coffee Table
- Spray Painted Glow in the Dark Horseshoes (the game!)
- How to spray paint furniture