Modern Superhero Boys Room

Superhero Room 4

The begging started a few months ago… and never stopped. My little dudes were desperately wanting Mommy (that’s me!) to create a superhero room for them. They wanted Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Hulk and a chalkboard. Well, I’m a big fat pushover and couldn’t resist a room makeover so I started brainstorming and running my ideas by the littles. Here’s what I came up with.

Modern Superhero Room Mood Board

Then, I got to work!

Superhero Room 4

First, I painted the room a crisp white (Behr – Swiss Coffee) then I decided I wanted a cool design on the wall behind their beds. After some brainstorming, I decided I wanted a hand drawn city skyline so I started painting. I just wanted random buildings and almost a graffiti style to it. I wanted it a bit messy but fun looking. My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever and played with their superhero figurines in front of it for hours.

The nightstand is the Ikea Rast and I painted it and added new knobs. The little robot and the lamp are from Target and the Superhero art above the skyline is from Hobby Lobby. They have some pretty cool comic book inspired art. My boys love it!

KB Cute Custom Quilt 3 Batman Bed

City Scape Cityscape 2

Next, I spray painted the beds (that used to be navy blue) a bright glossy yellow (Krylon Sun Yellow) to match the Jenny Lind inspiration beds. The Jenny Lind beds are $600 from Land of Nod and mine cost me $20 each on Craigslist. Heck yeah! I made the back two pillows (tutorials coming soon) and the Superman and Batman pillows came from Geek and the Chic on Etsy.

Boys Yellow Beds

I love the high gloss look and the yellow is so happy!

Superhero Room 5

Next, we brought in the kelly green campaign dresser I did for the Pixelated Wall during Creating with the Stars.  I love this dresser so much! Also got this one at a bargain for $10. The frames are the “Parker” frame from Cut it Out Frames. There is one frame for each of my boys and the last one says “Every Superhero needs a sidekick – Reserved for Palmer”. It’s for my little baby boy that will be here any day now! I can’t wait to meet him and get his picture in the frame by his big brothers.

Superhero Room 3

My boys’ made these super cute puppy dog superheroes at Build a Bear and I think Spiderman pup is just too cute! The basket holds a few of their stuffed animals. It was clearance find from Hobby Lobby.

KB Cute Custom Quilt 1

These absolutely amazing quilts are from KB Cute.  Our sweet friend, Kerri of KB Cute makes both custom and premade quilts and crib sheets on her shop. I gave her my design ideas, color choices and I couldn’t believe how fast she whipped these up and they’re exactly what I’d hoped for. Her work is impeccable and she is so creative and on trend. Her quilts are truly an investment piece that will sure to be a family heirloom that will be passed down. The green trim and the herringbone pattern are just too cute for words and can grow with the boys. She is insanely talented. If you need any quilts or crib sheets, she’s your girl. She has a bunch in her shop for sale but her custom work is what sets her apart from the rest. She will create exactly what you need for your little one! Check out her shop here. Oh, her Instagram feed is drool-worthy too! Follow her @kb_cute.

KB Cute Custom Quilt 2

This fun striped rug came from Ikea. I love a pop of black in white in any room!

Ikea Rug

Time for the little dude’s baby nook. I painted the trim (except the baseboards) a bright blue that I had on hand. It’s an Oops paint I got from Home Depot. I love the mistints in Home Depot because you always get super fun colors for a steal of a deal. The container cost me $.50! I love the pop of color it adds.

Baby Nook

The green rug and yellow curtains are from Target and the crib is from Ikea.

Pom Pom Blanket

This cute little black and white striped throw is also from Ikea but I added these funky colored pom poms. I made the chevron bumpers for my last little boy, Tanner and I’m excited to have them out again for baby boy #4. Kerri also made this adorable superhero crib sheet for the baby and I loooove how it ties in with the big boys’ bedding.

KB Cute Sheet

The one request the boys had was a chalkboard so we made a giant one! I will have a full tutorial on how to turn an interior wall into a giant chalkboard real soon! Of course we had to draw a superhero scene on it!

DIY Chalkboard Wall

Boys Superhero bedroom makeover

and the dudes that inspired it all, my little superheroes. Well, two of them anyway. 🙂

My superheroes

Til next time…

Superheroes

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

Shop this project with text

B
    August 12, 2014 at 7:38 am

Too cute! What a fun room. Love the bright colors and the way you brought it all together!

M
    August 12, 2014 at 8:26 am

Awh, this is so cute! I loove the idea! 🙂
    M recently posted…Awesomelicious Amateur Foodies’ Blog Contest 2014: RESULTS!My Profile

Charlotte @ Ciburbanity
    August 12, 2014 at 8:35 am

So this is adorable. I’m in love with the skyscraper wall and thinking it might be the perfect addition to your city + suburb + sanity world! Also… are you honestly planning to put 3 boys in the same room?! With the baby?! Brave, brave lady. Finally…. pretty sure our kids would have a blast together so whomp whomp we’re not closer!
    xx
    Charlotte @ Ciburbanity recently posted…Napkins for 174: My Foray Into Tie DyingMy Profile

August 12, 2014 at 8:43 am

Hahaha! These 3 boys have shared a room for the past 17 months since I had Tanner. The new baby has a little setup in my room and will stay in there for the first 6 months or so. I keep them in my room until I’m done nursing! 😉 They LOVE sharing a room and go to bed better when they’re together! Our kids would have a blast together… and possibly take over the world! 🙂

Sam M. | Atkinson Drive
    August 12, 2014 at 10:19 am

OK … now I want my boys to share a room … and I want it to be superhero themed! LOVE
    Sam M. | Atkinson Drive recently posted…DIY Magnetic Play BoardsMy Profile

Pam @ Over the Big Moon
    August 12, 2014 at 10:58 am

It turned out AMAZING Mallory! My boys would LOVE that room! Good work lady!
    Pam @ Over the Big Moon recently posted…Italian Bread Dip SeasoningMy Profile

rebecca lopez
    August 12, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I LOVE it! Great job girl! This is giving me so much inspiration for the vintage superhero room makeover I’m doing for Kaison.
    rebecca lopez recently posted…Free Printable Back to School SignsMy Profile

Sarah @ Bombshell Bling
    August 12, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Seriously the cutest kid room I have EVER seen!!! Amazing!! Can’t show my son b/c he will beg me for it and I *just* finished his Dr Seuss room! 😉 You girls have the decorating golden touch!
    Sarah @ Bombshell Bling recently posted…Washi Tape Embellished SpoonsMy Profile

Andrea
    August 12, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Super cute. I love the theme but it isn’t too over the top. Great job!

Carrie
    August 12, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Love this bright, fun room! Especially the city skyline mural and the sweet little frame reserved for the new baby. And your deal hunting is phenomenal! I’m wondering if all four of your boys share this room and if so how that is working? Well, at least for the three present.
    Carrie recently posted…A DIY HomeMy Profile

Katie
    August 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I have been wanting to spray paint my boys painted bunk beds too. Did you have to sand or anything before or did you just start spraying? Thanks!

Carli Eklund
    August 13, 2014 at 11:15 am

SO cute great job!

Jennifer Bertrand
    August 14, 2014 at 5:35 pm

{{LOVE}}} your blog and all of the —FaBuLOusLY FUN— ideas!!! 🙂

Jennifer
    August 15, 2014 at 10:43 am

This is ridiculously cute! I’m not usually one for characters BUT THIS I can do (and since I’m mama to a 1yo boy I better get use to it!) I love, love, love the skycrapers and your modern taste on the theme. Wonderful job!!
    Jennifer recently posted…Puppy Party First Birthday (Part 2)My Profile

Megan
    August 17, 2014 at 9:58 pm

I LOVE this room! I read your post a few days ago in my reader, and made a mental note to come back to leave a comment and pin a bunch of images. Love that it’s so fresh and fun yet can grow with the boys for a while…and be easily changed when (and if!) they ever tire of super heroes! Love it – great details, and it just came together so wonderfully! Congrats!

Leyla Brooke
    August 20, 2014 at 8:14 am

What a great room, love how all the components work amazingly well together. The skyline scene is fantastic!
    Leyla Brooke recently posted…Review : Cyber CleanMy Profile

Sarah Jane
    August 20, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Love this!!! Going to steal this for my two superhero loving daughters.

Karen @ a house full of sunshine
    August 23, 2014 at 8:46 am

Wow – I LOVE it!! Those bright yellow beds are perfect – and I have that exact same rug for my boys’ room! Love the hand-painted skyline. Brilliant!
    Karen @ a house full of sunshine recently posted…I’ve been featured! 25 Amazing Room RevampsMy Profile

Diane M.
    August 23, 2014 at 5:57 pm

So Very Cute! You did a terrific job! How lucky your little boys are to have such a talented Mommy.

Brie Trotter
    August 26, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Too Cute! What color green did you use?

Thanks
    Brie

Lo (a Lo and Behold Life)
    August 30, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Holy amazeballs, Batman!@$/!!$&*#%!! Mallory, that skyscraper backdrop is absolutely incredible. You are SO creative! And I just love that 4th frame awaiting a pic of your new little one. So sweet 🙂
    Lo (a Lo and Behold Life) recently posted…Dirty Little SecretMy Profile

Taryn @ Design, Dining and Diapers
    August 31, 2014 at 1:40 am

You girls are just amazing! This room is so so cool. Every detail is just perfect. You seriously blow my mind with every room reveal!
    Taryn @ Design, Dining and Diapers recently posted…Inspiration Gallery Link Party 8.28My Profile

Bedroom design
    September 1, 2014 at 3:03 am

Love these bedroom design ideas, but I think it is more suitable for boys.

Lindee Katdare
    September 5, 2014 at 4:50 pm

This looks incredible!! Is there such thing as superhero chic? I also just finished a room using the Jenny Lind twin bed. I too chose a super bright color. I thought I was so clever…I was trying to find a good price to price out the room and that is when I found the Land of Nod bed. Almost the exact same color as mine! –but I paid $15 at Goodwill.

Room Inspiration
    September 19, 2014 at 3:34 pm

[…] This amazing room above is from Classy Clutter […]

Kushani
    September 26, 2014 at 9:34 am

This is too cute… I also finished twin super hero bedding set, after seen this amazing decors. I thought to share what i made.

Hani Shabbir
    September 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Wow!! I love it. My son is also crazy about superheroes, this room will make him happy. I am going to share this with him today!
    Hani Shabbir recently posted…Baby Halloween Costumes ( DIY Boys Outfits)My Profile

Namee
    October 3, 2014 at 12:14 am

What an an amazing project. Mallory and Savannah this is so creative! The skyscraper wall is fabulous! Love the hot yellow against the black and and white. What you’ve done has inspired us to produce a range of superhero wall graphics! Thanks for sharing!

Bob Bies
    October 14, 2014 at 10:41 am

Great decorating idea! Now my boys will surely like this idea of redesigning their rooms. I like the color combination and the wall paintings.

Happy Weekend: Links to Love - Pretty Providence
    October 14, 2014 at 3:32 pm

[…] How fun is this modern superhero little boys room? […]

capturing joy with kristen duke
    October 19, 2014 at 12:57 am

LOVE this so much!!! Just pinned!!
    capturing joy with kristen duke recently posted…Family Meal Plan #9My Profile

Escuela Infantil GRANVIA » Archivo del weblog » Habitaciones infantiles de superhéroes
    November 10, 2014 at 2:49 am

[…] Más imágenes: Classy Clutter […]

Tracy
    December 24, 2014 at 12:49 am

This bedroom is amazing, and any little boy would love to live in there! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Sheri Dacon
    January 10, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I am copying your ideas for my boys’ bedroom!! I love the modern look! Would you mind sharing the green paint color that you used on the nightstand?

Batman Bedding And Bedroom Décor Ideas For Your Little Superheroes | Test
    January 27, 2015 at 9:00 am

[…] You don’t have to be that specific if you don’t want to. A few hints are enough. A Batman-themed cushion or pillow cover should do the trick just fine.{found on classyclutter}. […]

Ana @ fotomurales
    February 17, 2015 at 7:30 am

La habitación resultó increíble! Me encanta como queda el azul con el verde – el tono adecuado y todo salió tan bien juntos. Siéntase orgulloso de lo que ha logrado y qué estás haciendo esto es muy inspirador.
    Ana @ fotomurales recently posted…Fotomurales personalizadosMy Profile

polly
    March 4, 2015 at 8:46 am

Is the city skyscape a decal, or painted on the chalkboard wall?love it!!!

March 4, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Hi! The cityscape behind the beds was just hand painted free hand and on the chalkboard wall, I just drew that with chalk! Hope that helps!

Thanks!!

Audrey
    March 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Ok, so I am in love with this. With every picture I kept thinking, “just stop it, too much cute.” Forget the sports theme for my son’s room, he is totally getting a superhero room now! Thanks for the inspiration, now I’m off to craigslist to hunt for some spray-paintable bargains!

InspireBlog – Moms Inspirações para Quarto de Menino | Super Heróis - InspireBlog - Moms
    March 19, 2015 at 6:21 pm

[…] Classy Clutter, Etsy, Polish the Stars, I Heart Nap Time, The Inspire Room, Jand A & Co, […]

InspireBlog Inspirações para Quarto de Menino | Super Heróis - InspireBlog
    March 19, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Luisa
    April 20, 2015 at 3:12 am

Hi, I LOVE this! Can you please tell me where the cute Sperhero fabric you used for the back cushions and cot sheets is from?
    Thanks

sayward
    May 20, 2015 at 12:45 pm

The whole room looks so fun! Perfect for any mini superhero’s in training. I especially like your skyline wall. I was just wondering if you just used normal black paint to paint it on the wall or something else? I would like to do this in my boys room and I want to do it right. 🙂

May 21, 2015 at 2:00 am

Hi! I used black acrylic craft paint but regular latex would work too! 🙂

Kristine Walberg
    June 23, 2015 at 3:20 am

I think this room is super cute and especially liked the character pillows–those were really inventive! I just wanted to point out, though, that not every girl is into stereotypical pink and pretty princesses. Lots of girls love strong primary colors and superheroes too! My daughter loved Superman from the time she was a toddler, then Wonder Woman (she had a Wonder Woman-themed bedroom that was adorable), The Avengers, Spiderman, etc. Just a thought, and not meaning to offend, but why say something like this is boys-only when girls might love it too?

June 25, 2015 at 2:39 am

Hi Kristine! I definitely don’t want to offend anyone. I only called it a Boys room because I created it for *my* 4 little boys in my own home. It could definitely go either way. I definitely did not say or imply that this is for boys only. I totally agree with you. Thanks for stopping by!

Kristine Walberg
        June 25, 2015 at 3:41 am

Oh, dear, I didn’t mean to sound like I was offended, because I totally wasn’t. I do apologize if my comment sounded that way.The room really is super (I adore all the little details you put in!), and I bet your boys just love it. What a nice mom you are to make their wishes come true. I just happened to have once been that little girl who loved Barbies and my dollhouse, but also my Tonka Trucks and superheroes. My daughter was the same. I’m a Baby Boomer, from a time when there was a lot of pressure to conform, and I’ll always be grateful to my mom the she didn’t try to fit me into that narrow box of “things that are appropriate for girls,” but let me explore my imagination and play with anything I found fun.

One of my favorite pins from Pinterest is of a little girl who couldn’t decide between a princess party and a Thor party for her birthday, so her mom made her a Princess Thor costume with a tutu and a magical hammer–that was a mother after my own heart!

Thank you for sharing the fun project with us all!.

Pany
    January 4, 2016 at 8:03 am

What color/brand of green did you use for the nightstand and dresser for the superhero room?

January 6, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I am sorry I don’t remember what the color of green I used.