DIY Herringbone Stenciled Table

herringbone table

I’m super excited to share with you one of my favorite roadside finds/makeovers! I am a sucker for gold then you pair it with the beautiful wood stain and fuh-get about it! I love it!

herringbone table BEFORE.jpgI found this cute little table left abandoned one day. Immediately, I had a project in mind before I even scooped it up and put it in my car! I was shocked that someone would get rid of such a sturdy cute little table! Maybe not everyone is a furniture hoarder like me! ;)

herrngbone side table_vinyl stencil.jpg

First, I wiped it down really good and removed all of the gunk off of it. Then, I used my Silhouette and made a herringbone stencil out of vinyl and stuck it on the top.

herringbone side table - spray top.jpg.jpg

Once I attached the vinyl, I took some gold metallic spray paint and sprayed the top of the table. I really love the wood tone in this piece so I just opted to paint the top only.

herringbone table 1.jpg

Next, I rolled a coat of polycrylic over the top to prevent any spray paint from getting scratched off over time. That’s it! Quick, easy and super cute if you ask me!

herringbone table 6.jpg

herringbone table 4.jpg

herringbone table 5.jpg

herringbone table 2.jpg

Gotta love free furniture and free projects! Have you found any good roadside finds lately? What did you do with it?

Mallory_Sig

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

16 Responses to DIY Herringbone Stenciled Table

1. Annabelle says:

Beautiful table! Love it.

2. Stephanie R says:

WOW, that is awesome. I need to find a table to do this to asap.

3. Eneia says:

I LOOOOVE roadside finds. I found a vanity table last week and cannot stop dreaming about how I will fix her up. Sometimes I feel like we’re silly for buying new furniture! Great DIY :o)

4. It’s amazing what people will throw away. The herringbone pattern is beautiful on the table with the wood showing through. And gold was the perfect choice! Great job!

5. Natalie Diaz says:

This is really an awesome makeover you have created over here and I would like to try similar kind of DIY at home as I am really inspired from you.

6. Runt says:

I LOVE THAT! You’re right – who would toss that little table away?!?!? Some peeps have no imagination!! Man, I want a Silhouette soooooo bad.

7. Pingback: Great Ideas -- 18 Summertime STRIPE ideas! -- Tatertots and Jello

8. LOVE this! I love the wood grain paired with the gold.

9. Your table is so cute! I’m obsessed with all things herringbone! ;)

10. Wowza that looks awesome! I sooo need to buy a silhouette!! OMgoodness the projects…. Love it!
    Krista @thehappyhousie recently posted…DIY Chalk Paint From Craft Paint: a Grainsack Inspired Nightstand RevampMy Profile

11. This is such a beautiful way to update that side table. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Yvonne @ Sunnyside Up-Stairs recently posted…Squared2 Dining Chair x2My Profile

12. Home Coming says:

Gorgeous update!
    Home Coming recently posted…The DIY’ers and our country weekendMy Profile

13. Pingback: 27 Stencil Furniture Makeovers - Craftionary

14. Anna says:

Hi, LOVE the result! I am probably being thick or over thinking it or something, but how did you create a herringbone stencil that allows you to paint the lines only? I’m racking my brain trying to figure it out! The only solution I can think of, is to scrap the stencil, and use a ruler and a Sharpie pen to get a similar look. I would love to hear how you did it! Thanks!!

• Hi Anna!

I used a herringbone shape with a vinyl decal I made. I used the negative space from the decal, instead of using the herringbone lines, I used the insides… like a million long rectangles. If you look at the third photo in the post, you can see that the wood grain is exposed in the herringbone pattern and there are white rectangles making the design. Does that make sense? Kind of a reverse stencil? Hope that helps! xoxo

15. Angelica says:

This turned out really nice might give it a try if I
    can find a table. Thanx