Anthropologie Inspired Ordinal Dresser
I’ve spotted a few different renditions of Anthro’s Ordinal Dresser and every time I see it, I just love it so much! I am working on my boys’ room and I thought this would fit well with the Big Boy Airplane-esque room.
This is the dresser they had; we got it off of Craigslist when we first moved in.
- First, I sanded the whole piece down to the bare wood using my orbital sander.
- I hand painted it with “Oops” paint that I picked up for $6. Love it!
- Then, I distressed the heck out of the drawers and sides with my sander.
- I made a stencil and hand-painted the numbers. Before the paint was dry, I took a damp rag and wipes some of the black paint off to give it more of a weathered look.
- Finally, I added rope for the handles. The rope was a dollar store find. I used a lighter to age the rope as well.
….and here she is!
I made the road map wreath for their room using this tutorial using a foam wreath form and two road map books, also from the dollar store! The wreath cost me $3 to make!
Oh it looks great! I loooove it!
I LOVE it! you are seriously too much. everything you do is awesome! LOVE LOVE LOVE the headboard too!!
I love it! The color on yours is so much better than theirs 🙂 The rope pulls are perfect!
Great job! on both the dresser & wreath 🙂
That is very, very cute. I love that original finish and the art work on the wall. Great job! Visiting from MMS. Would love for you to come link up at Redoux tomorrow!
I love anything with numbers. Great job!
It looks great! Love the numbers!
I am such a sucker for anything Anthropology, esp. the numbered dresser. Can’t get enough of it. Great work!
Awesome dresser makeover! The rope handles are a great idea, they really fit in with the style of the dresser 🙂
This looks great! I also love the map wreath that is on the wall.
ooh gorgeous! i love it with the blue hue! great idea and way to make it unique!
love it, you did a fabYOUlous job
Love it!!! 🙂
Who doesn’t love a good Anthro knockoff? I know I do! I did my own version of the Anthro Ordinal Dresser, but on a file cabinet. It was before I started blogging, but I just revealed it recently, and now I’ve posted a roundup of all the other great knockoffs like yours. Stop over for a look if you like!
Really great photos of a job well done. Bravo!
Very nice love the job you did!!