Pumpkin Pie Truffles
- 18 golden oreo cookies (1/2 package)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons + 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 ounces vanilla almond bark
- crumbled gingersnap cookie, optional
- Put the oreos in a food processor and pulse until you have crumbs. Put the crumbs in a medium sized bowl & add the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice & 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Add them to the pumpkin mixture and stir till incorporated. Put the mixture in the fridge (or freezer to save time) to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Put a 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl. Scoop desired size truffle from the pumpkin mix and drop into the bowl of powered sugar. Turn to coat. Roll into a ball and put on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (The powdered sugar helps them not stick to your hands too much but these truffles are a little messy to make into balls.)
- Once the truffles are all formed, chill them in the freezer or fridge until pretty firm.
- Melt the almond bark according to package directions. Dip the chilled truffles in the almond bark and set on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with the crumbled gingersnap and let set up in the fridge.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- Makes around 15 truffles depending on the the exact size you end up forming. Recipe could easily be doubled.
- Recipe Source: inspired by this recipe & this recipe.