Cranberry & Lime Christmas Cake
Only 7 ingredients in this Christmas cake! Bursting with fresh cranberries, it is super moist with the best texture and flavor!
Hey friends, it’s Adell from Baked in AZ! I can’t believe that it’s already the week of Thanksgiving! November has just flown by. I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. I discovered it a few years back and it has become a family favorite. Recipes that are unique and don’t have lots of ingredients always seem to catch my eye. This recipe has no baking soda or powder but it’s called a cake. That’s because you mix up the eggs until they are really fluffy and they act as the leavening agent in the recipe! So cool huh?! This creates the most moist and decadent cake. The bright cranberries just scream Christmas too.
So because there are not a bunch of ingredients, it is super simple to whip up! It has the best taste and texture. Moist and chewy and bursting with tart cranberries. No frosting or topping to worry about either. Just mix it up and bake! This is a must make cake for the holidays! Perfect for cutting up and sharing at a party (and hiding a few pieces to take home for yourself ;)).
The top gets slightly crispy and almost looks like there is a glaze on top. I am already thinking I want to try this with fresh blueberries and lemon next spring. Wouldn’t that be fun?!
I am not usually a “cake person”. I am more of brownie / cookie fan. But the texture of this cake is somewhere between a brownie and coffee cake. Just amazing guys! You gotta try it!
The lime comes from crystalized lime. It’s like a sugar texture but just pure lime flavor! I love baking and cooking with it! I always have some on hand. If you don’t have any, the cake is great without it too but the cranberry and lime go great together! Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon true lime, crystalized lime (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- With a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size. Do not skip this step because the eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe. The mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- Add the butter, vanilla and crystalized lime then mix two more minutes. Stir in the flour until just combined. Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into small slices.
Recipe Source: adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen
I would LOVE it if you followed Baked in AZ on:
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST or TWITTER!
Here are a few other yummy Christmas treats on bakedinaz.com!
Peanut Butter Truffles– These MELT in your mouth!
White Chocolate PEPPERMINT Cookies
Christmas Crack– seriously addicting and SO easy to make!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies! – the cinnamon and SPICE are so unique and delicious.