Coming up with guest bathroom ideas and thinking of ways to clean and prepare for guests can be so hard! It’s hard to think of what you need when you’re staying at someone’s house as a guest! Today’s post will help you take the guesswork out of guests and hopefully help you feel more confident with your guest bathroom ideas!
This post is sponsored by Clorox. All opinions are my own.
Guest Bathroom Ideas
Before you can decorate, plan or prepare your bathroom for guests, you have to clean it! Cleaning is the very first (and not so obvious) step to most projects. When you clean for your guests before they arrive, you set the stage for a relaxing time with guests because you can enjoy them instead of stressing about cleaning and preparing moments before and after they arrive!
How to clean a bathroom
- Empty everything (EVERYTHING) out of the bathroom. This can be a difficult task but it’s worth it!
- Sort through items and get rid of anything that is expired, unnecessary or unsightly. This is a crucial step and will help you feel so much better, quickly.
- Clean the toilet. Oye! No one’s favorite chore. I usually start with the toilet and use the Clorox® Scentiva™ Toilet Cleaning Gel for the inside of the bowl and the Clorox Disinfecting Wipes for the outside of the toilet.
- Wipe down all surface areas – I love to use Clorox Scentiva Multi-Surface Cleaner because it’s super handy, kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria and it smells unbelievably good! My favorite Scentiva scents are the Tuscan Lavender & Jasmine and Pacific Breeze & Coconut. Fellow germaphobes, celebrate!
- Clean the sink and bathtub. I always use Clorox® Scentiva™ Bathroom Foam Cleaner because it again, smells amazing and cuts through soap scum and grime really well. I use it in the sink and bathtub. It gets everything off the first time and removes any dirt and soap residue. I am kind of a neat freak so this is a game changer for me. I spray it on, let it sit for about 30 seconds then wipe and rinse. Works like a charm.
- Using glass cleaner, spray down mirrors, pictures frames and other glass objects in the bathroom. I use it on my picture frames and vanity mirror.
- Sweep and mop floors.
Decorate the bathroom
Next up is my favorite part, decorating! I painted the walls a cool, crisp white and added pops of color with a cute shower curtain, rug, towels, artwork and accessories. I chose flirty florals and bold colors to make the bathroom feel inviting but fun! I’ll share a post about how to decorate a small bathroom soon and explain why I chose the pieces that I used in here. I also took some time to line the cabinet and drawers with some clean contact paper to make it look more tidy and cute!
Prep for guests
Finally, it’s time to prepare the bathroom for guests. I try to think of anything I would possibly forget (nothing like trying to remember what you might forget, right?) if I was visiting someone, I always try to think of some items that I’d love to have available in a bind when staying at someone’s house.
Guest Bathroom Ideas – supply list:
- Quality Shampoo
- Quality Conditioner
- Hair Gel
- Hair Spray
- Cotton Swabs
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Toothbrushes (Adult and Kids)
- Toothpaste (Adult and Kids)
- Mouthwash (Adult and Kids)
- Contact Lens solution
- Extra toilet paper and flushable wipes
- Extra cleaning supplies
- Air freshener
- Bubble bath (my personal favorite!)
I store everything in a sturdy basket underneath the sink. I had several of these items on hand but you could totally just grab some sample sizes next time you do your grocery shopping or run to the store. This goes a long way with guests. If a host takes the time to think of my needs, it makes me feel so welcome in their home and I really appreciate it! Wouldn’t you?
Having a well-stocked bathroom is an easy way to be a great host! Once I have our guest bathroom completely clean and stocked, I feel like I can finally relax and enjoy our guests’ time with us, which is why I always prep and clean beforehand! The task may seem like a bit of an undertaking at first but it is worth it in the end because of the quality time you can spend with your guests!
If you loved this post, check out:
Join the CC squad!
Subscribe to our email list for FREEBIES including this *FREE* Home Sweet Home Printable!