How to Organize your Pantry and a Pretty Pantry Makeover

Sericin Pantry After_1_resized

This post is sponsored by Expressions Vinyl. All ideas and opinions are my own.

Sericin Pantry After_1_resized

Hi guys! I’m super excited that you’re here. You know I love a good DIY project more than most but nothing makes me more giddy than when DIY meets pretty, functional organization! My recent pantry makeover has seriously made me SO happy! I am loving it all and it functions approximately one million times better than before.

Pantry Before Photo

Here’s how it looked when we found the house for rent online. This was before we moved in, as in, this is not our food nor do I have any pets so this photo basically just shows you the size and boringness that I was working with. When I moved in, we had a small white room with white shelves, totally normal for most homes. First, let me just say that I’m beYOND excited to actually have a pantry! I haven’t had one in 5 years in the last 2 homes we’ve had so this pantry is Heaven on Earth for me!

First, I started by adding the mint green flower wall decals. You can get them on my Etsy shop or learn how to make your own here. They have been a favorite ever since I did myΒ bathroom makeover (here). Man, I miss that little house!

Anyway, I started by applying the decals the same way as I did in this post.Β I cut them with my Silhouette CAMEO and Mint vinyl and applied it to the plain white wall. I chose Mint because it looks fresh and clean. Both must-haves for my pantry!

Pantry Top Shelf

I went to Ikea, Walmart and Target and found all of the containers I needed there. All of the white bins and the tall clear snack containers are from Ikea. The cereal containers are Better Homes and Gardens collection from Wal-Mart and my glass jars are from Wal-Mart. Having bins and jars that fit your space is a huge factor to keeping an organized pantry. Clear or open tops are my favorite so you can see what is inside. I love that I always know what I need to add to my grocery list just by a quick peek at what looks like it’s running low.

Pantry Jars and Labels

Next up, labels! Labels areΒ the biggest contributor to keeping a pantry organized. If you don’t label your jars and bins, you have no idea what is in them and even if you can remember, more than likely your family will not. Because of the labels, my kids and my husband know where everything goes and it makes packing lunches, prepping meals and putting groceries away a breeze.

I used this vinyl from Expressions Vinyl (in Grey) and made these labels with my Silhouette CAMEO as well.

Bin Labels

Bins in the pantry

Labeled Bins in the pantry

I keep all of my glassware that isn’t in our regular rotation or used often up on the top shelf in the pantry. I love having it on display in the pantry but also tucked away where it should be.

Glassware storage in pantry

Sericin Pantry After_2_resized

I still have a couple things I want to do in here (like build canned food storage but it’s super functional now and I love it! Everything is so accessible and we’ve been using it for a few weeks after the organization and I’m thrilled to report that it has stayed 100% organzied! Absolutely shocking! I’m in love with this tiny little room!

Oh! If you haven’t had a chance, be sure to check out Expressions Vinyl’s new website! Psst. It’s pink and pretty and I love it!

Follow Expressions VinylΒ for updates, deals, sales and vinyl ideas!

Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook

How to organize your pantry - www.classyclutter.net

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

November 7, 2015 at 9:18 pm

LOVE this! My pantry is in desperate need of a makeover and I love so many of your ideas here. I was wondering if you would show me what’s on the other wall. Looks like you have a bunch of clear plastic bins to organize things over there. I’d love to see the complete pantry. Thank you so much!

November 15, 2015 at 6:22 am

So where do you put your canned items?

November 16, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I love it!!!
    I didn’t see where you got your white plastic bins. Will you share where you got them?

November 16, 2015 at 12:42 pm

I just read through it again and saw where you bought them. Sorry 😊

December 14, 2015 at 2:22 am

Pantry looks gorgeous, Ladies! What I love the most is the vinyl wallpaper. The floral pattern is beautiful and the color is very chic. I have to do a makeover for my pantry too, but with two kids and so much errands on my plate I cannot find the time. But I will buy some jars and labels for sure!

March 4, 2016 at 11:15 am

Yeah just do your makeover little by little! I totally understand we both have 4 kids each and it is hard to find the time but when you do you will LOVE having the makeover done!!

January 6, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Wish my Pantry looked that organized. It’s better but still needs work.
    thanks for sharing you tips
    Carla recently posted…2015 Quilts completed in Review.My Profile

JoAnne Fletcher
    January 11, 2016 at 1:22 pm

I couldn’t help but wave in here when I saw your picture with the Kitchen aid mixer placed on the top shelf in the pantry. NO do not put this heavy mixer on the top shelf, due to it’s weight making it hard to get down for most women. If you can’t have a place to put it in a special area on a cabinet, then place where lifting this mixer is easy on the back.

January 11, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Hi JoAnne! Thanks for your concern but I get it down weekly without any issues. It’s not to heavy for me to lift safely. It’s more of a hazard on a lower shelf where any of my 4 children could attempt to pull it down. Appreciate your concern! Thanks! Have a great day!!! πŸ™‚

January 13, 2016 at 4:17 am

Can you tell me what the name of the bins are that you got from Ikea?

Lindsey Watson
    January 18, 2016 at 3:55 pm

I absolutely love your style and your organization! I recently bought bins from ikea to organize my pantry! I was wondering what font you used on your vinyl labels. Also, what do transfer paper/tape brand did you use? I am trying to find the perfect one for my cameo projects πŸ™‚

Mimi Ogletree
    January 18, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Just lovely. I’m pinning this in the hopes I will have such a pantry someday!

January 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

Wow!!! Amazing! I love it. So inspirational. Thank you.

January 24, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Just curious… how many yards of the vinyl do you think it took for you to fill this wall in your pantry?

March 23, 2016 at 10:31 am

I used about 3-4 sheets of each size! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

S. Aldrich
    January 26, 2016 at 9:21 am

Do you know the name of the white bins (and maybe the dimensions) you purchased from Ikea? I would love to order some. Thank you!

February 5, 2016 at 5:21 pm

The glass jar’s with the oatmeal do they seal? If not how do you keep it fresh? Thank you.

March 23, 2016 at 10:24 am

Yes the oatmeal one does have a seal to keep it fresh! Thanks for stopping by!

S Slend
    February 9, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Where did you get the white bins? the ones with the dip in the front?

February 22, 2016 at 11:51 am

Loving your pantry.
    Do you mind telling me the name of the bins that’s holding the sand which stuff and pop tarts? Having a hard time finding them on the ikea website.

Thank you so much.

March 23, 2016 at 9:47 am

Ikea must be out of them at the moment! I did link similar storage bins at the bottom of my post! Glad you enjoyed! xoxo

Sally Brooks
    February 22, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Hello, I was just wondering how many sheets of flowers did you buy for your pantry makeover?

March 23, 2016 at 10:21 am

I used about 3-4 sheets of each size! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

Sandra Clayton Rose
    March 25, 2016 at 3:00 am

It will not let link me to see where the items where purchased…. It’s just going back to your home page. Sorry I don’t know what else to do because I’ve tried several of them…(all the containers and jars…) I have always loved your blog…
    Thanks so much…. Sandra

March 25, 2016 at 1:19 pm

We’re sorry it should work now! You might have to click on the pictures a few times hah! xoxo

March 25, 2016 at 10:06 am

I absolutely love all of it!!! Just out of curiosity, what do you do for lighting? Are the “after” pictures crazy bright just for shooting the photos, or is it always that bright in there? I’m so tired of my super dark closet-turned-pantry! Looking for lighting ideas now!

April 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Is there any place to purchase the labels without me having to buy the machine ?

May 18, 2016 at 7:44 am

I love this pantry! We’re currently remodeling our laundry room (right off our kitchen) into a pantry for me (I’m SO excited!) and my husband keeps asking me what I want it to look like. This is almost exactly what I have in my head. These pictures will help us both to visualize and make my pantry dream come true! Thank you!

June 24, 2016 at 9:03 am

What font did you use for the labels?

August 9, 2016 at 5:27 am

What are the dimensions of the white bins if you don’t mind? Looks like you have 2 sizes here and I would love to see if I can find similar ones

August 17, 2016 at 10:05 pm

I want to say thank for you, for your sharing πŸ˜€

September 7, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Hi, I would love to know own the dimensions of your shelves. How much space between each shelf? I have wire shelves now and want to put in wood ones. And seeing how all your bins fit and mine wasted so much space! I would greatly appreciate it!

September 23, 2016 at 9:03 am

I am so sorry I don’t live there anymore so I can not measure but I do believe they were about 14-15″ apart! Hope that helps! xoxo

October 8, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Hi there! What font did you use for the labels! Thank you!!