DIY Gold Scalloped Sharpie Mug – Gift idea!
Hi friends! I’m super excited to share this project with you! I really love it! It is pretty simple and is such a cute gift! I gave this to my sweet friend Jamie after she babysat my kiddos for an entire day! It was also one of the projects I did for the Joann’s Look Book! It was part of the Glamorous Gifts collection.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ceramic Mug
- Gold Sharpie Permanent Marker
- Bottle cap (approximately 1” in diameter)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Cotton Balls
- Clear cellophane gift wrap
- Starting at the top of the mug, trace semi-circles with a the permanent marker in a scallop pattern, using the bottle cap as a guide.
- Repeat Step 1 until you’ve reached desired number of rows of scallops. Add dots to the scallop pattern if desired.
- Fill mug with candy.
- Using clear cellophane gift wrap, wrap the mug and gather open ends at the top of the mug.
- Secure with ribbon.
Hand wash your mug (just in case!) I have heard you can put them in the dishwasher but I haven’t tried it so I suggest hand washing. This would be an adorable gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Mother’s Day, or a cute thank you gift!
Hope you like it!
I LOVE this! So I have done the sharpie on the mug before but it usually washes off, even if you bake it and hand wash it:( Just a tip is to use the “Sharpie Paint” oil based marker, you can find them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. They work great because you don’t have to bake them and they seem to stay on a lot better. Love all your ideas! 🙂
Hi Melissa! Yes, that’s what we used. The regular sharpies wash off but the paint pens work much better. Thanks for stopping by! xo
That mug is FABULOUS!!! I wish I could draw that well with a sharpie. I would definitely make one.
what did u use the rubbing alcohol for
I am sad that this post is no longer up 🙁 I was hoping to try this.
The post is up. You may need to refresh your browser. 🙂