DIY Chalky Finish Dresser Makeover

This post is sponsored by DecoArt. All opinions are my own. 🙂
Navy and White Dresser_1

Hi friends! I’m excited to share with you this little dresser revamp I did in collaboration with DecoArt! Their Chalky Finish paint is just amazing! It’s so easy to use and everything I’ve used it on has turned out great!

Navy and White Dresser_Before

The dresser was already white (and peach) but was in pretty rough shape as you can tell. The first time I did this makeover, I didn’t wax it as well as I should have so it definitely needed a redo! To spruce it up, I used Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Everlasting. It’s a perfect crisp white.

Navy and White Dresser_Tape Off

For the navy stripe, I just taped off everything that was peach and painted it this rich navy. I love navy right now… well, always!

Navy and White Dresser_Painted edge

After it was all dry, I used Americana Decor Creme Wax (a DecoArt product). Its clear and goes on super smooth! It hardens really well leaving your piece easy to clean too! I love a good wax and this Creme Wax is perfect.

Navy and White Dresser_3

Doesn’t the paint color (Everlasting) just looks so bright and fresh? I love it!

Navy and White Dresser_4

For the pulls, I used gold spray paint and I love how they pop!

Navy and White Dresser_2

The mirror is vintage and the accessories are all from Target. Pink and navy is perfection. I just love it so much! How do you think it turned out!

Visit the DecoArt Chalky Finish Website for more chalk paint ideas and inspiration!

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

Adriana
    May 4, 2015 at 5:23 pm

The drawer pulls are nice. Do you know where we could find them? Or did you find them on the dresser already?

Thanks,

Adriana

Breanna
    May 4, 2015 at 8:43 pm

This is so beautiful, Mallory! The white and navy gave it just the update it needed. And those pulls are just fantastic 🙂

Vel
    May 4, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Love the finish and those knobs!
    Vel recently posted…Flamingos EverywhereMy Profile

May
    May 5, 2015 at 7:27 am

Great Redo! I like the classy way it looks now.
    That’s a good white. I’m working on a tall cabinet that will look great with two colors. The white is perfect, nice and crisp as an accent with a vanilla paint color.
    May recently posted…Flower Full Moon May 2015My Profile

tanya
    May 13, 2015 at 1:38 pm

So cute! I love the color you chose to paint it. It looks brand new 🙂
    tanya recently posted…5 Ways Your Email is Ruining Your Chances of Getting HiredMy Profile

imdb
    July 9, 2015 at 3:32 pm

This redo looks amazing! For those of us that are on a budget, we can Google chalk paint recipes (plaster of paris, water and paint) for a cheap, but still excellent recipe to cover items.

July 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Hi! Actually, the chalky finish paint is probably more affordable than making your own. We have a DIY recipe on our site as well, however, DecoArt products come at a great price! Hope that helps!

Shardai
        September 5, 2015 at 11:23 am

How many jars of paint did it take?

Amy Leonard
    February 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm

How did you do the background wall – I LOVE it!