DIY Homework and Art Station

DIY Homework Station 3 - featured image

YAY!!! Its 2014!!! Happy New Year everyone!

One of my goals of 2014 is be more organized. I feel like this is my goal every year but this is the year everything will stick…hopefully. I have been working on a few projects around my house to get me started in the right direction. First, was this DIY Homework and Art Station! I wanted to make over this cute corner in my girls playroom that they can keep all their art supplies and also work on their homework or the latest masterpiece!

DIY Homework Station

The playroom has been needing a uplift for sometime now. With some help of my sister and friend, I repainted the whole room white then I added the black stripes. You can learn how to paint perfect horizontal stripes here.

Kelly Green Desks

How awesome are those cute school desks? I scored those at a local thrift store for only $8 a piece. With the help of some black and kelly green spray paint and of course gold legs these desk were revamped in no time. The girls got the easel for Christmas and it is from Ikea for only $10.

While I was at ikea, I also picked up those cute little storage cups ($1 each) , hanging rod ($2.99) and the magazine rack ($14.99) perfect for keeping everything organized in the corner. I love the magazine rack for holding coloring books! I also got the cute rug at Ikea for only $20. I mean honestly, that’s a crazy great price!

Art Station

I won’t lie, I normally don’t go to Ikea but in the last two months I have been many many times. They have great things for organizing and great prices. (By the way, I am not being paid to say this) πŸ˜‰

DIY Homework Station 3

What do you think? I can’t wait to show you the entire playroom! Where do your kids do art projects and homework?

Savannah Sig

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain
    January 2, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Just the dining room table for us…but I love this space!

Rebecca Lopez
    January 3, 2014 at 1:00 am

I adore this big time!!!! These are the colors of my sons room makeover. So cute.
    Rebecca Lopez recently posted…Kitchen Redo {in progress}My Profile

January 3, 2014 at 1:03 am

Thanks Rebecca!! You’re so sweet! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

laura@imnotatrophywife.com
    January 3, 2014 at 8:52 am

Love this Savannah! And, I love IKEA too! I didn’t go to our IKEA during the first year it opened and then once I ventured in I was there like 4 days in a row! Would you please consider linking this to Friday Favorites at http://imnotatrophywife.com
    I have the same bar and buckets in my son’s room above his desk! Team IKEA!

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    January 3, 2014 at 11:23 am

So super cute!
    Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno recently posted…Puttin’ It Out There.My Profile

Krista @ the happy housie
    January 3, 2014 at 11:53 am

It looks great – those desks are amazing. Our Ikea is a whole ferry ride away but I try to get there when I can – I love all the cool stuff they have even if I don’t need it all:)
    Krista @ the happy housie recently posted…Getting Organized with a Vintage Tool Box Charging StationMy Profile

Jess @ Spool and Spoon
    January 3, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Savannah!!! This is beyond incredible. We don’t have any babies yet but I would steal this as my office in a heartbeat. If you’re ever in Philadelphia and need a house to dress up, I’m all yours!
    Jess @ Spool and Spoon recently posted…A Few of My Favorite Things – Christmas 2013My Profile

Daniela Walsh
    January 3, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I love this area! The color combo is amazing! I would love for you to link up at Link’n Blogs.

Have a great day!

xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

Amy W
    January 3, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I. am. LOVING! I love the bright bold colors you selected and adding just a bit of gold, perfect! Thanks for sharing. I’m a new follower via Bloglovin’!

Amy @ http://www.delineateyourdwelling.com

Michelle @ Elegance & Enchantment
    January 3, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Well, I don’t have kiddos, but I LOVE those desks! I can’t believe they were only $8.00 each. My New Year’s Resolution is to do more thrift shopping! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

January 3, 2014 at 9:51 pm

That is the BEST resolution I have ever heard!!! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

suburbsmama
    January 4, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Awesome homework space, I love those desks, the color is amazing. If you get a chance, please link up to my link party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunday-linky-39.html
    suburbsmama recently posted…Sunday Linky #39My Profile

Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney
    January 4, 2014 at 11:39 pm

This area is great. But where did you get that rug?? I’m a huge polka fan. That was a great deal for those desk, I’m a big thrift store fan. Total score with that!
    Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney recently posted…Fun-to Make Edible Christmas Tree CraftMy Profile

Liz
    January 10, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Oh I love the polka-dot rug, it just livens up the whole room! I also love the colors of the desks. Such a happy place!
    BTW, I’m over from Tatertots and Jello’s link party and I happened to notice that almost every link that caught my eye was from you…I really love your style obviously! : )
    Liz recently posted…Dressier DresserMy Profile

January 10, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Oh my gosh, that is a HUGE compliment! Thank you so much and we’re so glad you stopped by! Hope you’ll visit often! xoxo

April Golightly
    January 10, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Those desk and the rug make the space! Love the green, black and white color combination!

Shannon - AKA Design
    January 12, 2014 at 8:57 am

Savannah! That room is so amazing!!! We homeschool and I wish I could find desks like that for such a score! Great stripes paired with the bold Kelly-ish green desks.
    xo,
    S

Jacqui Madsen
    January 14, 2014 at 12:25 am

I LOVE the colour choices!! The green and gold is divine! Great job Savannah! Jacqui http://www.brookeeva.com

shout out sunday time! - A girl and a glue gun
    January 19, 2014 at 9:11 am

[…] classy clutter […]

pinning… » whatever
    January 28, 2014 at 1:09 pm

[…] that wall is so rad! […]

Kelly
    January 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Oh my.. I love those desks! I have 2 desks like that in my girls room, but have not painted them yet. Yours look amazing! Did you paint the tops too? How are the tops holding up?

Jen
    February 18, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Very cool!
    Love all the bright colors…perfect for getting the juices flowing and ready to tackle that homework!

Michele
    August 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm

LOVE your green school desks! My husband brought home a few of these from the side of the road:) Pinned
    Michele recently posted…be you, be strong, believeMy Profile

Kathy
    September 7, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Beautiful! Where did the polka dot rug come from?

Refresh Your Home With 47 DIY Home Decor Ideas And Crafts
    February 28, 2015 at 8:22 am

[…] 30.Β Bold colored homework stationΒ atΒ Classy Clutter […]

kara
    August 3, 2015 at 2:49 am

LOVE this homework station! I would love to feature this in a round up of homework stations on West Valley Moms blog including one photo and a direct link back to this post. Thanks for sharing this space!

Joan A. Mesta
    April 4, 2016 at 8:04 pm

It turned out wonderful! Your space looks so awesome and bright.