Bright and Fun Playroom Reveal

Playroom_1

Whoooaa! A room reveal!! Can you believe it?? I finally got the playroom done! I think. haha!! My kids are probably the most thrilled with this whole makeover, obviously. They are so in love with their playroom, which makes for a very happy Mommy.

Playroom_9

As you may know, this used to be my Craft Room and the playroom  was in the basement. I use the term “playroom” loosely because let’s get real, it was basically a toy dungeon. There was very little playing happening down there. Well, fast forward 2 years later and I had my third little boy. My little guy, Tanner is a crawler now and absolutely cannot handle the stairs into the basement. Duh! For safety and cuteness reasons, the playroom got switched with my craft room and now my craftiness lives in the basement. I will be showing you that as soon as I get my rear in gear and finish it up and take photos.

The aqua dresser houses all the toys. My boys have amazed me with how organized they’ve kept each drawer. I think I’m raising some OCD kids. “Transformers go here. Power rangers here. Train set here.”  I secretly love it.

Playroom_10

Let’s break it down, shall we?  The Tandem Bike Art Work was inspired by Vintage Revivals’ entry way art work. I made my own DIY version of the Tandem Bike Wall Art.  The PLAY letters are individual letters from JoAnns that I painted yellow. Easy art people!

Playroom_6These cute little bean bag chairs sure get a lot of use. My kids LOVE them and I found them at Target. They’re easy to clean and my kids really love them!

Playroom_11

These paintings were painted by my super super talented cousin, Lacey. I love them so much and they totally capture my little guys. She is so talented. You can see more of her work on her Facebook page, Portraits by Lace. If you’d like to have her paint one for you, she can be reached at portraitsbylace@gmail.com.

Playroom_3

My sweet friend gave me this little kid’s table! I painted it blue and added these little seats from Target. They were on clearance! My favorite way to buy! ;)

Playroom_2My little guys helped me make this little wall art arrangement. I. love. it. so much!  I cut two poster boards to the size of these Walmart poster frames (that I spray painted green) and let my little guys go to town drawing whatever their little hearts desired! Then, I created the DREAM BIG printable and framed that as well.

Playroom_7

I painted this giant piece of wood a fun blue and used my Silhouette to cut out theses vinyl “playroom rules” decals. I have a similar, smaller “family rules” decal for sale in my vinyl shop if you want one. Don’t worry, it won’t take up your whole wall like this one.

robot and clock.jpg

The cute little robot, green lamp and wall clock all came from Target as well. I can definitely get carried away shopping for accessories at Target. I’m not alone in this, right??

Playroom_12.jpg

I built the book ledges for a dollar and made the curtains with fabric I bought from Fabric.com. The pendant light fixture came from Lowes. The lime area rug was 80% off of RugsUSA Labor Day sale and I think it totally ties the room together. I love the ikat-ish chevron. I debated on going with the super trendy chevron in this room but I think it’s so fun and playful for this space!

Playroom_1

This room just makes me and my kiddos so happy! I hope you like it! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!?

Mallory Sig

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

21 Responses to Bright and Fun Playroom Reveal

1. What a fun playroom! Love how organized and bright it is. You’ve inspired me to tackle ours…maybe next year.

2. How fun is this. I love how happy and colorful it is and your wall art if amazing. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire me party that is ongoing now. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/11/189th-inspire-me-tuesday.html
    Hugs, Marty
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life recently posted…189th Inspire Me TuesdayMy Profile

3. Steph says:

What a fantastic room! You have very lucky boys. I don’t have kids yet, but I would love a space like this some day when there are kiddos around! Great job :)
    Steph recently posted…This and ThatMy Profile

4. Kajsa says:

Oh so cute! We have a toy dungeon right now. Such a great idea to bring the toys upstairs so that they can all play.

5. Grey says:

A great job! Such a fun, happy room for play

6. Runt says:

It looks great! I love the curtain fabric and the rug is really awesome too.
    Runt recently posted…Week’s End 11012013My Profile

7. Evelyn Kelly says:

I liked your wall art. These wall images look awesome. Beautiful makeover you have done. I have got some ideas for me too and whenever I will do my home decoration I will use them.

8. This is such a great room! I have two little boys and our playroom is looking very similarly set up to this except mine also houses my desk/office. I also have a Tanner (he is my 1st child) and now am pregnant with a 3rd – do not yet know the gender! Love so many of your DIYs in this space – it’s so bright and happy.
    Morgan {Style Oyster} recently posted…Five on FridayMy Profile

9. Pingback: Coffee Filter Christmas Decor I Heart Nap Time | I Heart Nap Time - Easy recipes, DIY crafts, Homemaking

10. Krista says:

I love it – you did a fabulous job! bright and fun is the perfect descriptor!
    Krista recently posted…Faux Mantel Cabinet from an Old China Hutch using DIY Chalk PaintMy Profile

11. Gautham says:

Pinned it. Honestly, that is the best interior designing i’ve ever seen. Perfect room for toddlers.

12. Denyse says:

I love it!!! I want to come over and play in there! Seriously, looks so good!

13. Mindi says:

It looks awesome!! No wonder you kids love it. Great job!!
    Mindi recently posted…Wowza Weekend Link Party #35My Profile

14. suburbsmama says:

Awesome play room!
    suburbsmama recently posted…Sunday Linky #39My Profile

15. Jamie Koenig says:

That is a very fun play room. I would like to stay in there myself and i’m grown. we host a link party on Wednesdays and would love for you to share this.

16. stephany says:

I have the same letters from Jo Ann in our playroom, but painted mine black!

Great minds think alike!

17. Carmody says:

What a happy and fun room!

18. I love the new playroom! I can’t decide what I love best, but it’s a close one between the table and stools (love that they were on sale at Target!) and the wall arrangement with your children’s art work. So adorable and functional!
    Aida @ TheCraftingFoodie recently posted…Cherry and Dark Chocolate Hand Pies for Pi DayMy Profile

19. Cindy Dahlgren says:

You ROCK as a mom. What a cool playroom! I wish I had little kids and a room like this for them. Keep up the good work.

20. Im obsessed! This is AMAZING! I would love if you shared on Link It or Lump It, if you have not already