Quick, Cheap and Easy Gold Wall Decor

I love any good, and cheap decor idea. Then add gold to the mix and I am sold!

ALSO I love that if you are renting this is the perfect idea!

IMG_0475

Let me tell you how I did it and the few things I would have done differently

To start I bought…

THIS GOLD CONTACT PAPER

THIS CIRCLE CUTTER

the circle cutter can be found at Micheals or JoAnns which means you can use a coupon.

61O0Kq5REUL._SL1000_

I started to cut out 2 inch circles then I changed my mind, although it could have been done I knew a much fast way to get the circles cut out perfectly. I used the Silhouette Machine if you don’t have one already, you should ask Santa for one! It’s one of my all time favorite and most used craft tool! Believe me, its worth every penny.

Anyways, here are my images I created on the silhouette software

IMG_0295

I sent the contact paper through the machine and within a short time it was done.

IMG_0292

IMG_0296

IMG_0309

On my wall I wanted the dots I also wanted some empty frames I had laying around the house and so I first hung all the frames then I started to place the dots.

IMG_0298

IMG_0310

The contact paper was not staying on the wall that great and so I used my debit card to help the dots stay better.

IMG_0325

IMG_0389

In only 15 minutes the whole wall was done!

IMG_0327

IMG_0328

This is what the corner of my dining area now looks like. I have made a few changes at my house and I am excited to share them with all of you. Stay tuned for my new house tour.

IMG_0452

IMG_0471

IMG_0475

I am beyond happy with the way it turned out. I love a quick, cheap and easy project.

One of the things I would have done different is instead of contact paper, I would have used THIS Vinyl. You can make them yourself with this vinyl or even easier, purchase the pre-cut dots here from our friend’s vinyl shop! You can do this whole wall for $5-10!

It could still be cut out using the circle cutter but it would have stayed on the wall better. This would have been the cheaper way to go to, since you can buy sheets of the vinyl instead of buying the whole roll of contact paper. My mistakes though can help you out!

If you like this, Please help a sister out and PIN IT!

Savannah_Sig

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

13 Responses to Quick, Cheap and Easy Gold Wall Decor

1. Amy says:

I love how the wall turned out. Great job. I also love your pendant light. Where is it from?

2. Pingback: DIY Glittered Polka Dots and Mermaid Party Decor

3. Amy W says:

I. Love. This. Project! I just started following you on Bloglovin’ and keep finding post after post that I love. So excited to see what else you guys do!
    Amy W recently posted…December’s Front Door FridayMy Profile

4. Jamala says:

This was a great idea!.. I love how the wall turned out..

5. I.LOVE.IT! I just got myself a Silhouette Portrait so I may just have to do this! Found this at the Link Party Palooza!
    Julia @ It’s Always Ruetten recently posted…What I Read in… November & DecemberMy Profile

6. I love this!! It looks really great, I think you might have inspired me to do this in my house. Now I just have to find an area!! Glad I already have a Silhouette. Saw it on Link Party Palooza and had to stop by.

Oh by the way is your door mint? If looks fabulous!!
    Courtney @ Crafts by Courtney recently posted…Fun-to Make Edible Christmas Tree CraftMy Profile

7. Andrea Stallman says:

Bought a Kade Spade candle that is white with black dots and has a gold rim so the gold dots on the wall will be perfect in a bedroom! Really appreciate your creativity. What is your friend’s email or website in case I don’t have time to buy the vinyl and cut the circles out? Do I need more than one sheet of 12″ x 24″ vinyl?

8. I ADORE your wall – so precious! The link for the vinyl cut out shop only links to a JPG…can you send me the link to the store? Thank you!

9. Jamie koenig says:

I’m a huge fan of gold and white. I love the gold dots and the white frames, its a one of a kind wall. I host a link up on Wednesdays and would love for you to share this with us.

10. Pingback: Spotted: Polka Dotted Home Decor {Trend Watch!} | Making Lemonade

11. Beth Ann says:

Cute! Question – the link for your friend’s etsy shop doesn’t work, it just goes to a jpg and not the shop. Can you update and provide a link to the etsy shop? I foresee a need in my future for these dots!!! :) (Not sure where I am going to put them, but I MUST have them)