Burlap Fall Wreath for under $5

Today I’m going to re-share a tutorial I posted a two years ago for my Burlap Halloween wreath. I used my own tutorial and created a Fall version. I thought I’d include the tutorial for those that may have missed it!

Burlap is SUPER cheap! I got 1 yard of burlap at Joann’s for around $2 using a coupon. I also got the Fall ribbon from Joann’s. The “N” and other fall embellishments I had on hand.

Here’s how I did it:
1. I unwound the hook of a wire hanger so it was one long wire.
2. I formed it into a circle shape.
3. Cut my burlap into 3″ strips. I used exactly 1 yard of burlap. You could use up to two yards for a more tightly folded look.
4. I folded the strips back and forth as I threaded it through the wire. Super easy.
5. Once I had a full-looking wreath, I spaced out the fabric and secured it in random places, using hot glue, to the wire hanger so it didn’t slide around.

6. Finally, I rewound the wire to close the hanger. I ended up keeping the hook part of the hanger so I could hang the wreath from it on my door.
7. Made a quick bow and used wire to secure it in place.
8. Finally, I added the gold (spray painted) “N” and a few Fall embellishments to dress it up a bit. The “N” and the Fall foliage were originally from Hobby Lobby but I had them on hand.
Start to finish you’re looking at about a 30-45 minute project for under $5! Can’t beat that! No excuses for a wreath-less door this season!
The Lettered Cottage

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

34 Responses to Burlap Fall Wreath for under $5

1. Mallory that is so cute and easy! Thank you for your awesome tutorial!!

2. Carsuch says:

Love it! I’ve made the version with tied burlap strips but this is so unique!

3. That’s so pretty! I really need to find the time to make a wreath for the fall!!

4. Looks really great!!

-Fotini

5. Mel says:

That looks so beautiful :)

6. I love this – would work really well for Christmas too! Such a budget friendly construction method!

7. Rhonda says:

Love this as a wreath – I did something similar for a garland, but I’m really liking how your wreath turned out! The monogram is the perfect touch!

8. Love your wreath. I’ve not seen one with a pattern like you did. Very unique! I purchased a wire wreath and burlap from Hobby Lobby but still haven’t made a wreath yet, so many fabulous ones in blogland, it’s such a difficult decision which to go with. Now yours has added to my dilemma. :0)

9. LOVE it! And for less than $5? Love it even more!

10. What a great wreath! Love the design. Visiting from Sundae Scoop. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

11. Love it – adding to my burlap list of things to make!

12. Laura says:

Love this. Super easy and cheap!

13. SEL says:

Great job on the wreath! It looks fantastic!

Found you from the linkup!

xo
    Sarah
    growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

14. This is beautiful! New follower, one closer to 2000- HIGH FIVES
    Hugs,Jen

15. Your wreath is adorable and I would be delighted for you to show it off at Potpourri Friday, in progress!

16. Ashley says:

Oh this is just too adorable!!!

17. Erica says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

18. Erica says:

Just made it and it turned out so cute. http://halpinboys.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-post_27.html

Thanks for the tutorial!!!

19. Cheryl says:

So I just made this wreath- definitely more than 5$ when you have to pay for the add-on decor (ribbon, letter, pumpkin, berries). My question is how did you secure the letter to the wreath since its on just a thin wire? Where did you purchase your letter? I checked michaels, hobby lobby and several other local craft stores… None are as unique as yours. Thanks so much!! My email is lilotisme@gmail.com

• Hi Cheryl!

Using embellishments that you have on hand is key to making it under $5! I got my letter from Hobby Lobby last year but you can find great, inexpensive wooden letters on Etsy.com!

Thanks,
      Mallory

20. mama lola says:

this is such a fantastic idea! i love burlap and i have piles of it in the basement! i just blogged about wreaths and will have to incorporate burlap into my on design- thanks for sharing!

21. Ashley C. says:

Love anything monogrammed, so I most definitely love this wreath!

22. Adorable. I love the monogram in the center!
    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

23. Great wreath! You are so talented!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

24. Gorgeous wreath!!! I’d love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It’s open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you’ll stop by!

T’onna

25. Pingback: 15 Fall Wreath Ideas from Pinterest

26. Mel says:

I’m having the hardest time figuring out how your wreath looks so full with only 1 yard of burlap????

27. Pingback: 15 Fabulous Fall Wreath Ideas -

28. Pingback: 15 Fabulous Fall Wreath Ideas - Mama's Got It Together

29. Pingback: 15 Fabulous Fall Wreath Ideas - Mama's Got It Together

30. Allison says:

My mom and I just made one and it came out great. Thanks for sharing the idea. I haven’t added the letter yet but was wondering how you attached it to the wreath?

31. Allison says:

Ijist put this together today. Thank you for the great idea. I haven’t added the letter yet but was wondering how you attached the letter to the wreath?