I want to share with you these topiary trees I made for my Valentine’s Mantel. I cannot WAIT to show you the whole thing. I finished it today and I’m in LOVE! What’s Valentine’s day without some LOVE anyway!? 😉
Here we go!
1. First, get a 6″ styrofoam ball and a wooden dowel. Shove that dowel into the styrofoam carefully not to go all the way through. Then let your kids sword fight with their friends… ha!
2. Then take your pot (I used a cheapo clay pot from wal-mart. It was around $1) then fill it with florist’s foam blocks and wedge them in your pot nice and tight. This doesn’t have to be tidy… no one will see it when you’re done!
3. Next, make a zillion rosettes using streamers (crepe paper). Got mine at Hobby Lobby, then ran out and the hubs picked some up for me at the Dollar Tree. Worked great so hit up the $1 store!
Cut about a yard of paper, fold it in half (hot dog style – hehe!) and start rolling and rolling…. then glue your rosette to your ball using hot glue.
4. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat….
5. Finally, I added pearls to the centers using hot glue and painted the dowel with brown and tan craft paint. Add some moss in your pot to cover the foam and viola! DONE! I made two for my mantel.
Have a fantastic weekend my friends! How do you like it?
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah