DIY Laundry Room Makeover

DIY Laundry Room Makeover - www.classyclutter.net
When we moved in, our laundry room was pretty boring and bare. It needed an upgrade in a big way and give my laundry a Laundry Room Makeover.
DIY Laundry Room Makeover - www.classyclutter.net
For this Laundry Makeover I didn’t want to spend a ton of money but I wanted to change it up. So, this is what I decided to do for my Laundry Room Makeover.
Before
My Laundry Room/ Pantry is pretty small so I wanted to use all the space I had! First thing first we got rid of the old washer and dryer then decided to do something different with the paint color, so we painted stripes and I am so glad we did!
IMG_0892.jpg
First, the Hubby went to Home Depot and got some wood to build a platform and a shelf!  He did an awesome job, I won’t lie I doubted his wood working skills but he did a great job and he even added trim!
IMG_0899.jpg

Then we taped off the wall for the stripes! The paint color is a custom color my mom found for me and I love it, it’s like a greenish-blue color!

IMG_1116

Here is the trim the Hubby added to the platform, it gave it a much need finished look to it!

Here is the AFTER:

DIY Laundry Room Makeover - www.classyclutter.net

I love having space on the top shelf to store all my cleaning supplies and also paper towels and toilet paper. That stuff is always in my way.

This is the perfect spot to hang my aprons since this room is right off of my kitchen. I love it!

IMG_1111.jpg

Once again, my before and after!

What do you think about the makeover? So much better right?

Much Love sign-2

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Comeca Jones
    February 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Love a laundry room redo! Looks so neat.

Teri
    February 6, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Very nice! The stripes are fantastic, brings it up a notch.

Jen
    February 6, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Such a great idea to raise the machines. Perfect!

Sakura Bloom
    February 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Love the look! But how do you know the machines wont wiggle off?

I have a bad back and those blah metal cabinets that the feet of the machines hook into, but they look REALLY blah…. now, if I could have something as cute as yours, but be sure they wouldnt fall out, I’d be thrilled!

Madelyn
      November 21, 2015 at 10:37 pm

A lady in home depot told me to put a rubber mat under the machine to prevent from moving.

Katie
    February 6, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Gorgeous!! Love the stripes!

Esther Lynn
    February 7, 2011 at 2:02 am

You did a fantastic job!!!! Looks great!!

The Talley Family
    February 7, 2011 at 3:31 am

I LOVE it! I love the platform. That is going to be my new project in my laundry room. Thanks for the idea!

Staci
    February 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Love it! Just curious…where did you find the laundry detergent holder in the first picture? That is a GREAT idea! Did you make it?

Tiffany
    February 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I love the platform with storage under neath! Great job on the redo!

Jena @ Involving Color
    February 10, 2011 at 3:39 am

LOVE the new stripes! Great color choice. So glad I came across your blog. I’m a new follower.

KellyH
    February 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I soo need a platform like this under my washer and dryer! Looks Great. Love the stripes.

Nik
    February 17, 2011 at 10:06 pm

That is such an awesome idea! A great alternative to forego buying the metal stands..those are expensive. I love what you’ve done. This is going in my fav folder for inspiration. The paint color is perfect!

Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand
    April 26, 2011 at 10:10 pm

How does that new ‘flooring’ do with those machines? I have the LG HE machines and the manufacturer told me that it’s best to have them on a cement floor. Do yours wobble badly? Ever afraid of them vibrating off that cute little shelf? I’m just curious because I SO want to do this…I’m just chicken!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain
    January 2, 2012 at 4:42 am

How fun! I love stripes 🙂 Haven’t decided if there’s a good place in my house to put them yet! Love your blog by the way…glad I just found you!

shelly
    April 8, 2013 at 8:03 pm

i love this idea but also wonder how you make sure they stay put in case they vibrate? thank you 🙂 branmuffinsmom@yahoo.com

Anne H
    July 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Love the raised platform. In the one photo there is a center brace but I don’t see one in the finished picture. Was it removed?

Renata Morgan
    October 13, 2014 at 10:32 am

Very good question on the sturdiness of the shelf when washer is spinning?
    And I am wondering what the bracket looking this is against the wall in the pick of the baskets under the W/D set??
    Looks like what it would be if I took the drawers out of the pedestals that I have under my W/D.
    Also , Where are the answers to these questions ppl ask?
    O, and by the way, I LOVE the idea of the baskets under the W/D. I have a very small house and absolutely no room for a laundry basket. This totally solves that problem plus SORTING before washing.
    KUDOS hubby for getting it done. Does your wife loan u out? LOL

Brandi
      March 27, 2016 at 10:36 am

I think that “bracket” is a step stool turned sideways.

Alli
    June 12, 2016 at 7:25 am

What types and sizes of wood did you use? Can you take some pictures of just the wood portion that holds the machines? Thanks!