Black and Yellow Master Bedroom Makeover

Yep. I already re-did my master bedroom from when you saw it on my Anthropologie inspired quilt tutorial. Like most DIYers, it’s nearly impossible for me to choose just one thing I love. Color schemes, themes, my overall “style”. It’s always changing. I’m never gonna have an absolute favorite anything when it comes to decorating. I just canNOT decide! It’s impossible really.

As you can probably guess from my mustard yellow nightstand post, I LOVE mustard yellow and as much as I fight it, I LOVE black and white together. It’s just so classic! I keep telling myself I’m over it, but that’s a lie. I’m not. Probably never will be.
Headboard makeover here.

The overall inspiration came from a couple of bedrooms on my pinterest board but Brooke’s from All Things Thrifty in particular. I just LOVE her room! Gooooorgeousss people! I love her fabric headboard but I’m in love with my carved ornate one that I scored for $9.95 so I was determined to make it work.

Remember when it looked like this?
yep… didn’t even vacuum my floors. Sorry folks, just keepin it real. lol!
Mustard yellow nightstand makeover here.
Thank you Brooke from All Things Thrifty for the inspiration!

Chandelier was a birthday gift from Savannah two years ago :) Love u Savy!

My CARDBOARD, yes cardboard, starburst mirror!!! I got the tutorial here! It cost me $4 to make it and I’m in love! I made it out of cereal boxes!
These curtains took me under an hour to make and only cost me $4 in fabric! I had the white so I just bought 2 yards of black. SO easy and SO fun! I’m loving wide stripped curtains right now! If anyone wants a tutorial, let me know. It’s super dee duper easy people!

I made all of these pillows. and I love them lots! I want some more!

So, this was a Glidden color match but I’m 90% sure that I used Behr’s Amazon Stone. If not, it is insanely close :)  I’m a renter so I’ll have to paint this accent wall back when we move out. That’s the beauty of painting one wall. It only took me an hour and I may or may not have done the whole thing with a trim roller – bah!
Update:
So what do you think my friends?!? Do you like the new look??

Comments

1. says

I’m obsessed. I want the curtains. And the nightstand. And the pillows. And the headboard. Okay, basically I want the whole room. I’m pinning your room right….NOW! :)

2. says

I have to say I clicked on your tab on the Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up because of that mirror. I’m amazed it’s made out of cereal boxes. I’ve seen the tutorials before, but you definitley tricked me. Amazing job, and your room looks gorgeous. Thanks for the good ideas.

3. says

I would LOVE a tutorial on the curtains. I have been on the hunt for large white and navy stripes for my family room. If I can make them as cheap and awesome as you did I would be the happiest girl ever! :)

4. says

W-O-W. This is really fantastic!! LOVE that yellow nightstand! And the curtains…and the patterns and details on the pillows…and the chandelier! Lookin’ good : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

5. says

Not sure what I love most about your bedroom…the pillows make me want to run to my sewing machine! the headboard is dreamy…the mustard yellow nightstand – love!!! that chandy is all kinds of awesome too. Glad to have found your blog!! :)

6. says

Your master bedroom is beautiful! I am the same way – I am always changing up my rooms. I would love to add this to my paint color galleries and include you in a feature post. You wouldn’t have to do anything, just let me know if you’re interested!

7. says

Coming over from I heart Naptime…I just commented on your chandelier-which is awesome and now I just have to write again, cause I love the yellow too :)

New follower as well :D

8. says

ummm… this room could not be more fabulous!! I too am obsessed with mustard yellow. I absolutely LOVE the pillows – in particular I’m loving the mustard yellow with the doile (is it a doile?). Beautiful, truly beautiful!

9. kate says

Love the room! I have similar corner windows and can’t figure out how to do curtain rods. Do you have a corner piece/bracket? or did you hang two separate curtain rods? Do you have finials in the corner? I can’t really tell from your pictures – but I would love to know how you handled the skinny corner windows. Thanks!

10. says

This room is gorgeous and I would love to know how you did the curtains! My biggest question however is if they are washable?? I have been dying to paint me some striped curtains but am afraid to and then not be able to clean them, or have them be super stiff and crunchy! Any tips are appreciated!! Thanks!