Black and Yellow Master Bedroom Makeover

Yep. I already re-did my master bedroom from when you saw it on my Anthropologie inspired quilt tutorial. Like most DIYers, it’s nearly impossible for me to choose just one thing I love. Color schemes, themes, my overall “style”. It’s always changing. I’m never gonna have an absolute favorite anything when it comes to decorating. I just canNOT decide! It’s impossible really.

As you can probably guess from my mustard yellow nightstand post, I LOVE mustard yellow and as much as I fight it, I LOVE black and white together. It’s just so classic! I keep telling myself I’m over it, but that’s a lie. I’m not. Probably never will be.
Headboard makeover here.

The overall inspiration came from a couple of bedrooms on my pinterest board but Brooke’s from All Things Thrifty in particular. I just LOVE her room! Gooooorgeousss people! I love her fabric headboard but I’m in love with my carved ornate one that I scored for $9.95 so I was determined to make it work.

Remember when it looked like this?
yep… didn’t even vacuum my floors. Sorry folks, just keepin it real. lol!
Mustard yellow nightstand makeover here.
Thank you Brooke from All Things Thrifty for the inspiration!

Chandelier was a birthday gift from Savannah two years ago :) Love u Savy!

My CARDBOARD, yes cardboard, starburst mirror!!! I got the tutorial here! It cost me $4 to make it and I’m in love! I made it out of cereal boxes!
These curtains took me under an hour to make and only cost me $4 in fabric! I had the white so I just bought 2 yards of black. SO easy and SO fun! I’m loving wide stripped curtains right now! If anyone wants a tutorial, let me know. It’s super dee duper easy people!

I made all of these pillows. and I love them lots! I want some more!

So, this was a Glidden color match but I’m 90% sure that I used Behr’s Amazon Stone. If not, it is insanely close :)  I’m a renter so I’ll have to paint this accent wall back when we move out. That’s the beauty of painting one wall. It only took me an hour and I may or may not have done the whole thing with a trim roller – bah!
…and the vintage window with the wreath from my “old” bedroom found its way here and I’m loving it.
How cute are burlap bows!?! LOVE!
Update:
So what do you think my friends?!? Do you like the new look??

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

36 Responses to Black and Yellow Master Bedroom Makeover

1. Wow!!! This looks incredible — so sophisticated yet fresh and fun. Great job!

Jenny

2. Oh my this looks amazing! Your pillow are incredible! INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks for your inspiration! I am a sucker to for black and white but I love duck egg blue as my contrast!

3. Comeca Jones says:

I love the yellow night stand.

4. Britney Jean says:

I’m obsessed. I want the curtains. And the nightstand. And the pillows. And the headboard. Okay, basically I want the whole room. I’m pinning your room right….NOW! :)

5. I love your room, it looks so nice and calm and the colors are just great! Where did you get the yellow cover at the end of your bed?

6. Lesley says:

I have to say I clicked on your tab on the Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up because of that mirror. I’m amazed it’s made out of cereal boxes. I’ve seen the tutorials before, but you definitley tricked me. Amazing job, and your room looks gorgeous. Thanks for the good ideas.

7. Katie says:

I love it! Such a different style than before! The pillows are awesome and I adore that night stand!

8. Mallory – Your room looks simply fabulous! Loving the colors you used. Thanks so much for including the link to the mirror – yours looks gorgeous!

Have a wonderful week! Stephanie Lynn

9. NC says:

I would LOVE a tutorial on the curtains. I have been on the hunt for large white and navy stripes for my family room. If I can make them as cheap and awesome as you did I would be the happiest girl ever! :)

10. This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

11. I am in COMPLETE love and so jealous of your headboard! AMAZING! Love the new colors:)

12. Jenna says:

Your room is looking lovely! The headboard is to die for…absolutely to die for. Oh, and I love all the pillows. Total cuteness!

13. Jaimee says:

W-O-W. This is really fantastic!! LOVE that yellow nightstand! And the curtains…and the patterns and details on the pillows…and the chandelier! Lookin’ good : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

14. patti west says:

Not sure what I love most about your bedroom…the pillows make me want to run to my sewing machine! the headboard is dreamy…the mustard yellow nightstand – love!!! that chandy is all kinds of awesome too. Glad to have found your blog!! :)

15. I love the yellow in the room…you gals do cute work:)

16. Melissa says:

Darling – love your new room & all the tutorials!

17. I adore your room. I’d die to have this bedroom:) Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and I think your blog is cute. I would appreciate it if you came to my blog and followed me too! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

18. You’re a girl after my own heart! I adore both yellow and black and white. Your rooms looks amazing :)

19. Your master bedroom is beautiful! I am the same way – I am always changing up my rooms. I would love to add this to my paint color galleries and include you in a feature post. You wouldn’t have to do anything, just let me know if you’re interested!

20. Mimi says:

Love the colors you used and the way you incorporated them into the room.

21. Lish says:

Coming over from I heart Naptime…I just commented on your chandelier-which is awesome and now I just have to write again, cause I love the yellow too :)

New follower as well :D

22. Love the pillow with the doily! Great idea! This room turned out great!

23. I love the mix of pillows on your bed! Something about yellow in the bedroom is just so upbeat and sunny.

24. I really love the pillows! The whole room is great! Its great inspiration for my in progress master bedroom re-do!

25. I love mustard yellow myself. This is gorgeous!

26. jlo3170 says:

Great job! I trying to get up the nerve to paint my nightstands. I looove the curtains! Can you please do a tutorial for me:)Thanks!

27. This room looks amazing!! love it both ways!!

28. Amy says:

I love the dark gray wall color and all your beautiful accent pillows. Lovely room!

29. I love all the colors and patterns you chose! Thanks for linking up with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Can’t wait to see what you link up next week :o)

30. I really love all the colours that you incorporated into your bedroom.
    Really nice. I also did a bedroom makeover. Take a look diyitnow.blogspot.com

31. I am dying over that headboard and your yellow chair! The whole thing is awesome. I do however, also covet your blanket on the end of the bed in your before picture…. off to pin!

32. Beautiful! Nice job! I love all the details. And I totally have to check out your tutorial for the sunburst mirror!

33. ummm… this room could not be more fabulous!! I too am obsessed with mustard yellow. I absolutely LOVE the pillows – in particular I’m loving the mustard yellow with the doile (is it a doile?). Beautiful, truly beautiful!

34. Jenna says:

I love black, white and yellow together!

35. swoodsonsays says:

Cute colors, I have a mirror almost identical (but its made of metal, I like that yours is made of cereal boxes – it doesn’t look like it!) STephanie