Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie

This Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie will give you the energy you need to get your day started.

Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie Recipe

I drink Green Smoothies every morning. No joke. I love them. Personal story alert: I realized a while ago that I was taking in way more caffeine than I thought my body needed. I mean, it doesn’t need any but I craved it because I drank it often. I love me a Dr. Pepper or a Crystal Light Energy but I realized I was hardly going a day without caffeine. I cut myself off from caffeine (I still have it once in a while if I’m out to dinner or something) but I feel 100x better now replacing my caffeinated drinks with green smoothies. This is my “go-to” favorite green smoothie recipe.

Energy Blast Citrus Smoothie Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
  • 2 large oranges (or 4 clementines)
  • 1 large red grapefruit (I use Del Monte Grapefruit – It comes in a big plastic jar with 10 grapefruits and grapefruit juice. I do about 1 1/2 cups of that if I don’t use a fresh grapefruit.)
  • 1 1/2 cups of water, orange or grapefruit juice.
  • 1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds

*Makes 2-3 servings*

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. I use a refurbished Vitamix, you can check them out here (affiliate link) and it works so well! Buying refurbished will save you a few bucks (like over $100 savings!) and you’d never know it was pre-owned; ours even came with a 5 year warranty. I highly recommend it! I use it 1-2x daily! It even grinds up the chia seeds and orange seeds so you don’t even notice them. This smoothie is more of a pulpy juice. It’s very grapefruit-y without being overpowering or sour. It’s so good!!! I have had it every morning for a couple weeks now and it gives me a ton of energy first thing in the morning. I usually make some scrambled eggs and I stay full well into the afternoon.

Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie

I hope you try it! I think you’ll love it! I sure do!

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Havok
    January 27, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Caffeine is delicious, but it does not do your body good! I’ve gotten myself out of the habit of having it, but have had coffee the past two mornings (to use up the last of the coffeemate we had!) and it’s been horrible! Well, I mean, it tastes good, but I hate what it does to me, after being away from it!
    Smoothies, though, that I can get on board with! I may have to replace my coffee pot counter space with my blender!
    Havok recently posted…The Liebster AwardMy Profile

January 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I totally agree! It is in a lot of delicious drinks but it is definitely not good for us at all. I used to drink a lot of Dr. Pepper and Crystal Light Energy and it was hard to wean myself off of it but I’m SO glad I did. I have way more energy than I did when I was drinking caffeine! Thanks for reading and commenting! 🙂

Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie – Classy Clutter » webindex24.ch - News aus dem Web
    January 28, 2015 at 5:47 pm

[…] Energy Blast Citrus Green Smoothie – Classy Clutter […]

Danielle Hogan
    February 2, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Thanks for the awesome recipe!! I too am a green smoothie fanatic. They are just SO good & even better for you. If folks would give them a chance – a REAL chance – they’d never go back to their morning coffee that just makes you jittery, then leaves you dragging when it makes you crash. Give me good, healthy, sustainable energy any day. Oh! By the way, thank you so much for the heads up on the refurbished Vitamix Blenders!!!!! I have been wanting one SOOOOO bad. I thought I’d never get one because of the high prices, so when I read the end of the smoothie recipe (where you talk about yours & how well it works), I literally started jumping up & down I was so excited!!!! You are the bomb-diggity girl!! (ha ha) Thanks again & have a very blessed day!

Teresa
    April 7, 2015 at 12:03 pm

do you peel the oranges? I’m sorry, I’m new to this! I only have a Nutra Bullet. Doesn’t this make a lot? Do you drink it all day? Or make several servings from this?

May 21, 2015 at 2:12 am

Yes, I peel the oranges and this makes about 20-24 ounces of juice/smoothie. Hope that helps!

J Evans
    May 24, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I see that it makes 2-3 servings. Do you drink it all for breakfast (or through out the day) or split it with the rest of your family every morning?
    J Evans recently posted…The Creative Collection Link PartyMy Profile

May 26, 2015 at 12:28 pm

I usually drink one serving for breakfast and the rest during lunch. 🙂

Christine
    August 24, 2016 at 4:58 am

Hey M&S
    Looks absolutely delicious! I hope you don’t mind, but I used this recipe and a picture on my danish blog at http://www.nope.dk/smoothies-morgenmad.html (rundown of breakfast smoothies). Translated it, but I’ve credited you with a link back
    Christine recently posted…7 grunde til kloge mennesker har sværere ved kærlighedMy Profile