Easy Pancake Recipe with the BEST buttermilk syrup ever!

IMG_1308 2

I made these for my family the other day and they were a BIG hit! They were honestly the best pancakes I have ever, ever tried!!! If you’re looking for an easy pancake recipe, this is it! They are soooo easy and quick too!

The Best Pancake EVER!

• 2 Cups Original Bisquick Mix
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 2 Eggs

These will not disappoint! I even doubled the recipes and saved the pancakes in my fridge and they were just as good the second and third day. They really really do melt in your mouth!

Now that you have the Ultimate Pancake recipe you need the perfect syrup….

This Buttermilk syrup recipe is so beyond amazing! My mother has been known for this syrup forever and my kids are spoiled now and will only eat pancakes if I make this syrup. You would think it would be hard but its very easy. It really is a must try and a crowd pleaser!

Buttermilk Syrup

• 1/2 cup of Butter
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Melt butter in medium to large saucepan on medium heat. Then add sugar, and butter. When it starts to boil remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. * The syrup will then foam up* It is now time to enjoy! I will normally double the recipe and the save the rest in the fridge. It will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge. I normally just put in the the microwave to warm for a few seconds.

Savannah Sig

Chris k in Wisconsin
    January 22, 2014 at 7:24 pm

These sound wonderful!! For the syrup…. I’m not sure what a cube of butter is. Is this a stick of butter? The info would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!

January 22, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Hi Savannah, these pancakes look so yummy! I’d like to try your syrup, one question: “1 cube butter”, does that mean a tiny piece? Like take a pat of butter and cut into cubes and use 1? Sorry, I’m weird like that!

January 22, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Sounds Delicious! Two questions for you! How much is a cube of butter? Do you use low fat buttermilk because that is all I can find in our stores. Otherwise I add vinegar to whole milk.
    I am going to make them for my grandkids next week. Thanks so much for sharing!

June 25, 2014 at 2:44 pm

how do you make buttermilk with vinegar??? what is the ratio vinegar to milk?

{Weekend Wrapup} Blog Bests for February 1, 2014 | Making it Home
    February 2, 2014 at 5:36 pm

[…] Ultimate Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup […]

October 15, 2014 at 1:34 pm

This is my new best one and only syrup. I’ll never, ever buy store-bought syrup again. I made mine a little different but the same ingredients. I used homemade buttermilk: 1/2 cup whole milk + 2 teaspoons lemon juice. At first, I added 1 1/2 tsps. lemon juice, but the milk didn’t thicken up so I added another 1/2 tsp and the milk thickened instantly. I used a generic brand lemon juice called Kurtz. I suppose you could use white vinegar just as well.

I used a whole cup of sugar and 1 stick of margarine (I had no butter) and a pinch of salt. I melted the butter first then added everything else EXCEPT the vanilla. I let it boil for 7 minutes, stirring often. Right before the 7 minute mark, the mixture began taking on a brownish color. At 7 minutes, I removed the pot from heat and added 2 tsps. vanilla. Stir and cool.

The reason I put the baking soda in at the beginning was because when I read other people experienced an after taste of baking soda when they added the baking soda at the end along with the vanilla. So I took the chance on boiling it along the the sugar, buttermilk, ec.

All I can say is WOWSAH!! I can’t wait to make pancakes and for my daughters and grandkids taste this syrup. After making this syrup, I licked the pot and spoon clean. Its very addictive. It wasn’t too sweet either but just right. So happy I found this recipe.

October 15, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience Ginny!!! It really is SO yummy!!! xoxoxo

April 21, 2016 at 7:49 am

simple yet delicious! Thanks for sharing..always seemed to be complex for a good old pancake recipe. This was perfect they turned out yummy! Fresh and I know what went in them:)

April 24, 2016 at 11:33 am

I had to alter this recipe a little bit. It used to originally call for 3t of baking powder vs. the now 1. I find the original 3t to be MUCH better. The pancakes come out quite fluffy ( if the batter appears too fluffy after mixing, add a little milk until batter gets to your liking). These pancakes are absolutely delicious!