Well, hello there! Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy back here at Classy Clutter today to share another super delicious recipe with you. Have you ever had Texas Caviar? If not, then you are in for a treat today! Texas Caviar is a dip made up of black-eyed peas, black beans and veggies mixed in Italian dressing. It’s the most tasty snack, perfect for when you’re watching the football game this weekend!
Can you believe it’s October already?! Where in the world did the summer go?
I loooooove this time of year. Halloween, pumpkins, crispy fall weather, football…ahhh. Bliss. Almost every weekend during this time of year, I make at least one kind of dip. We are a dip-loving family. Seriously. It’s my husband’s very favorite thing in the entire world. Even more than cookies, brownies, cakes. No joke. And this Texas Caviar is one of his very favorites.
This recipe comes from my sister-in-law Tina, who in fact, is from Texas! So no fear, it’s very authentic. I’ve altered the recipe a bit (throughout the million times I’ve made it) to fit what my family likes. But believe me when I say, it is SO good. And healthy too! If you’re watching calories, but want to enjoy yourself while watching the football game this weekend, this is the dip for you! It’s perfect for an outdoor get together, picnic, or pot luck. It’s definitely a family pleaser!
- 3 (15-oz) cans black-eyed peas (slightly drained)
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (4.5-oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 large avocado, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pushed through a press
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- handful of cilantro, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced (optional)
- 1 large bottle light or fat-free Zesty Italian Dressing
- Mix all ingredients together in a large airtight container. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortillas chips the following day and enjoy! (It’s yummy even if it’s not refrigerated overnight!)
Check out these other delicious dips from Yummy Healthy Easy: