$5 Burlap Fall Wreath {oldie but a goodie!}

Today I’m going to re-share a tutorial I posted a few years ago for my Burlap Halloween wreath. I used my own tutorial and created a Fall version. I thought I’d include the tutorial for those that may have missed it!

Burlap is SUPER cheap! I got 1 yard of burlap at Joann’s for around $2 using a coupon. I also got the Fall ribbon from Joann’s. The “N” and other fall embellishments I had on hand.
Here’s how I did it:
1. I unwound the hook of a wire hanger so it was one long wire.
2. I formed it into a circle shape.
3. Cut my burlap into 3″ strips. I used exactly 1 yard of burlap. You could use up to two yards for a more tightly folded look.
4. I folded the strips back and forth as I threaded it through the wire. Super easy.
5. Once I had a full-looking wreath, I spaced out the fabric and secured it in random places, using hot glue, to the wire hanger so it didn’t slide around.
6. Finally, I rewound the wire to close the hanger. I ended up keeping the hook part of the hanger so I could hang the wreath from it on my door.
7. Made a quick bow and used wire to secure it in place.
8. Finally, I added the gold (spray painted) “N” and a few Fall embellishments to dress it up a bit. The “N” and the Fall foliage were originally from Hobby Lobby but I had them on hand.
Start to finish you’re looking at about a 30-45 minute project for under $5! Can’t beat that! No excuses for a wreath-less door this season!Mallory_Sig
Β Shop this project with text

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Kylie Helm
    September 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Hi, Mallory!

This wreath is so beautiful! There is something so amazing about burlap, I swear! Thanks for the tutorial!

Kylie @ Absolutely Arkansas
    Kylie Helm recently posted…Happy “ER’s!”- Cupcake FlagsMy Profile

$5 Burlap Fall Wreath from Classy Clutter - The Inspiration Network
    September 6, 2013 at 10:16 am

[…] one from Classy Clutter will be the perfect project to get your fall crafting underway.Β  Click HERE to find out how you can make your own for […]

Megan @ Our PInteresting Family
    September 7, 2013 at 8:03 am

That is gorgeous! I really love that ribbon you chose to put with it. πŸ™‚ Found your wreath at the Link Party Palooza.

suburbsmama
    September 8, 2013 at 12:15 am

Love this wreath! Something I would love on my front door. If you get a chance, please link up to my linky party going on now: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunday-linky-24.html
    suburbsmama recently posted…Sunday Linky #24My Profile

TaMara @ ImplausiblyBeautiful
    September 13, 2013 at 7:11 pm

What a great idea, I don’t think I’ve seen that hanger trick before! Thanks for sharing!
    TaMara @ ImplausiblyBeautiful recently posted…The Best Brownies Ever. EVERMy Profile

Christy@Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer
    September 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I love love love this wreath! It still says fall without being so traditional! I’ve pinned it and if you have a minute, I’d love for you girls to share it at our Get Your DIY on Fall Party Challenge. This week our theme is Fall Wreaths! http://www.confessionsofaserialdiyer.com/get-your-diy-on-week-2/. Hope to see you there! XO

Great Ideas -- 17 DIY Fall Wreaths!
    September 21, 2013 at 2:47 am

[…] DIY Ruffle Burlap Wreath @ Classy Clutter […]

Dee
    September 25, 2013 at 12:59 pm

The burlap is amazing! So beautiful in every way!!! Come link up to the Fall Wreath challenge at The CSI Project. It is going on right now. Come on over!

10 Super Cute Fall Decor Ideas