Hi! It’s me again, Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy! Have you ever grilled fruit before?
I gotta say, I am a HUGE fan! Grilling fruit brings out the natural sweetness in it. It’s super easy to do, too. Just toss the fruit in the sweet-spicy glaze and then thread through soaked skewers. Heat on your grill for about a minute and a half per side until yummy and caramelized. I love this because it tastes delicious and is really healthy. These fruit skewers are the perfect dessert for your summer barbecue!
Spicy Maple & Cumin Fruit Skewers
- 4 cups fruit, cut into chunks (I used pineapple, nectarines and bananas)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (you can use more if you like it spicier!)
- 4-6 bamboo skewers
- Soak bamboo skewers in a bowl of water and set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add fruit and toss gently to coat with syrup. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a charcoal and gas grill to medium-high. Thread fruit onto soaked skewers. Place skewers on grill for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned and caramelized. Serve warm and enjoy!
Stop on by my blog to get more yummy recipes! See you soon!
Hi! I’m Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy. I’m a recipe addict, cookbook collector, and all-around lover of food! I’m also a mom to four crazy boys. When I’m not carpooling them around to ball games or play dates, you can usually find me in my favorite room in the house – the kitchen – where I love creating yummy, healthy and easy recipes! I hope you’ll stop by and visit me soon! You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter!