Hutch Makeover

All Things Thrifty had an aaaaamazing Hutch Transformation. I knew after I saw it that I wanted to try it out. So I followed her very helpful and detailed directions and started the search. After a Loooong search for the right Hutch, I found what I was looking for. Little did my hubby know that I had a project for him. I brought the hutch home and knew it would need some work. The hutch had three panels of glass and when I bought it I did not realize that the two side panels did not open….note to self: look over things better before I buy them, we, I mean Kyle, my amazing hubby, took off the doors, and he measured the damaged wood then headed off to  Home Depot for some molding for the sides and top of the hutch where the doors use to be. Wood filler was also added in every hole then sanded smooth. I wish I would have taken more before pictures. I failed majorly. These are the only two pictures I have but you kind of get the idea.

Before:

I used Krylon Irovy spray paint in gloss finish. Then Ralph Lauren Glaze. I used All Things Thrifty Glaze Tutorial , which is very helpful. After I let it dry I sanded areas to finish the look. I then sprayed the hardware oil rubbed bronze. I Looooved how the hutch turned out. We are planning on mounting the tv on the wall and centering it so it will be in the middle of the upper part of the hutch but the mount that we are wanting to get is not in the budget right now so we will have to have on that for now. Just use your imaginations. Thanks to All Things Thrifty for the great idea.
 After:

What do you think of the Hutch Redo?

Check out our GIVEAWAY HERE!
Felt Flower Pillow! (You chose your color!!)

I Am linked up to……

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!

15 Responses to Hutch Makeover

1. kathie says:

It looks wonderful! That is a great idea- you see these old hutches & china cabinets in so many places and it’s great to have a way to repurpose them. Love what you did!

2. Lyssa says:

That looks awesome! Great job!

3. Wow, this looks wonderful!! Love it!
    Just became your latest follower!

4. Leah says:

Love it! You can do amazing things.

5. Chrissie says:

I love your hutch. You did an excellent job!The door are wonderful~

6. Shelly says:

I LOVE it! You did a fabulous job! You’ve inspired me to do the same! :)

7. Dharma says:

Great job! I love that you kept the original hardware.

8. Looks great! Have you thought about a shelf across the top above the TV? Would be a great place to display some goodies.

9. Laurie Jones says:

Looks fab!!! Great transformation!!

10. Mandi says:

I lust this so bad! Great job, and give the hubs a high five!

Love your guts
    mandi

11. Browns says:

I had the same thought as Melissa about adding a shelf above the TV area! This looks fabulous – you did a great job.

12. Love the Hutch!!! I saw something like this in a design mag today. love it!

13. perfect for a tv! i love how it is framed out.

14. Maria says:

love the look of this. i like the shelf idea the others had for the top to fill in the gap above the tv… or you could cut down the side to make it drop lower towards the top of the tv…