Check out this easy post to learn how to clean a microwave in under 5 minutes with only 1 ingredient!
For other easy cleaning hacks, try these:
Cleaning a microwave is just plain annoying. Let’s be honest, it’s way easier to just shut the door and pretend its not there. After all, no one can see inside! Don’t tell me I’m alone in this? 😉 Cleaning a microwave after your husband reheats refried beans (for way too long!) is SUPER annoying. They splattered all over the place… Not cool. He was planning on cleaning it when I told him not to worry about it, he figured I was up to something. Then, I busted out my secret weapon! Read below to learn more!
Steps for Cleaning a Microwave
- Pour a glass of white vinegar.
The first step is to pour a glass of distilled white vinegar and place it in the dirty microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Let it sit in the microwave.
Once it is done, let the vinegar sit in the microwave for about 5 minutes opening the microwave door. The steamy vinegar will dissolve all of the gross food and gunk inside.
- Wipe it clean.
Lastly, take a wash cloth or towel and wipe it clean! No scrubbing is required and this process can be repeated if you can’t get some of it off.
To clean your microwave:
- Pour a glass of distilled white vinegar and place it in the dirty microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Once it’s done, let it sit in the microwave for about 5 minutes without opening the microwave door. The hot steamy vinegar basically dissolves all the yuck, food and gunk in there.
- Then, take a wash cloth or paper towel and wipe clean! No scrubbing required! If you find that you need to scrub, simply repeat the process. Keep in mind, there were over cooked (nasty!) refried beans splattered all over mine and it wiped clean easily after one vinegar treatment!
- You can thank me later.
If you liked this, pin it and share it with your friends and family! They’ll thank you for it. Pinky swear!
Do you have any awesome vinegar tips? I use it for cleaning really often!
Remember when I used it to clean my towels?