Confession: my little dudes have been watching WAY too much Phineas and Ferb. The screen time per day is at an all time high during these crazy winter months. Polar Vortex anyone? What is UP with that!?
I mean, it can be exhausting to entertain 3 little boys (all 5 and under!) for the entire day AND run my etsy shop AND work on our blog. Then, throw in working out, meal planning, grocery shopping, housework, naps, errands, etc. and kill me now. It is seriously draining at times, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Tell me I’m not alone.
BUT, there is something incredibly fulfilling about getting it all done and doing FUN things with your kids instead of plopping them in front of the tv all day. I’m vowing, right here, right now to make a serious effort to do more creative, fun things with the boys before they both start school next year. My 3 year old will be going to pre-K and my 5 year old will start Kindergarten. I don’t wanna talk about it. *tear* Who’s with me?
I’ve come up with over 25 Winter Activities for kids that will have your kiddos convinced they have the best mom ever.
1. Homemade Gak! I love this stuff!
2. Bake Cookies
3. Do puzzles
4. Play board games
5. Snow Paint – Boy, oh boy do we have some snow to paint!
6. Build a snowman
8. Make and send homemade cards to family
9. Do watercolor paintings
11. Write a pen-pal letter
12. Use tape and make a hopscotch court
13. Have a play date
14. Have a “camp out” in the living room
15. Mess free finger painting – My kids loved this one!
16. Go to a children’s museum
17. Play legos
18. Make a snow volcano
19. Build a teepee or a fort
20. Make and play in a ball pit!
22. Velcro sticks – have fun making them and making shapes and letters out of them.
24. Make Ollieblocks and play! These have been on my “to do” list for a long time.
If anyone knows where to find the original source, please let me know in the comments! Love this idea and my kids had a blast!
26. Jello cookies – this recipe makes DIY colored play dough AND colorful Jello Cookies!! FUN!!
Okay wow! Some of these ideas obviously require more effort and planning on your part but can you even imagine how much fun your kids would have?! Super mom in their eyes! Which one is your fave?