Hello there! It’s Adell, from Baked in Arizona. I am excited to share this fresh Orange Poppy Seed Salad with you today.
Orange Poppy Seed Salad
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1-2 avocados, peeled & diced
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup salad oil (olive, canola etc.)
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- FOR THE DRESSING: add all ingredients except the poppy seeds and sugar to a blender or food processor. Blend till smooth. Add the sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time until it tastes right to you. (I used 2 tablespoons) Stir in the poppy seeds. Chill the dressing in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- FOR THE SALAD: Roast the pecans (Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, turning once halfway through)
- Wash the lettuce. Chop into bite sized pieces. Peel and slice the onion. Peel and cut up the orange.
- Peel and cut up avocado.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add toppings and finish with desired amount of dressing.
- NOTES: dressing will keep in fridge for one week.