My mother has always had the best house at Christmas time. This year I was ready to do a whole new tree. I knew I would need her help to come up with something awesome so I started scratch. I knew I wanted to do something fun and outside the box. My mom and went out and one thing lead to another and we found the perfect stuff to make this tree. Do you want to build a snowman…
Seriously, He is just so cute… right?!
I found the big white balls very first. I went to a store in Phoenix Az call Baisch and Skinner. Its a wholesale Floral Distributor. Which means that you will need a wholesale license in order to buy from there but I would love to see one try and DIY this tree. Anyways back to my tips.
Note- my tree is a 7 foot tree
When you are buying stuff for your tree always buy in odd numbers. Buy the “picks” in numbers of 5 or 9. Get a few big elements… mine was the snow balls and large snowflakes. But you could do picture frames full of family pictures or Christmas sayings or printables, Christmas signs, or anything else you can think of. This is the chance to really set the tone of your tree. Get at least two different ribbons to fill in any holes.
First thing that you will want to do is..lay out all of your item on the ground in piles.
Just like this…
As you can see I have a few different picks that I love. The white balls are fun, the snowflakes add a great element, the bells are just dreamy and the cranberry with “icy” add a great bit of color.
After you have everything laid out in your piles now the fun begins. Start with the lights if you don’t already have them on the tree. My Tree is pre-lit but I found these cute vintage looking ones at a store in Mesa, Az called Orange Patch. I love them. Ok lets get started…
I am no professional but these few tips have helped me so much when it comes to tree decorating!
In what order to decorate a Christmas tree..
2. Biggest element next, Mine was the snow balls which I used a bit of wire to wire it to the center of the tree. Don’t be afraid of using wire to keep things in place on your tree.
3. Then you want to go from the biggest to the smallest of the decor you have. Load up your tree.
4. The big picks at the top which were the cranberry and snowflake and the white balls, I places towards the top of the tree.
5. The last thing that you will want to add is the ribbon. DON’T waste your ribbon making full bows. Get wired ribbon, and just do a simple two bunny ears and two tails like the picture below. I used a bit of thin wire to keep the bunny ears together. I also used 3 different types of ribbon to add lots of texture. Fill in any holes that you have with the ribbon.
6. Turn on the lights and Enjoy!
If you have any question please feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy the new member of the family as much as we do.
Join the CC squad!
Subscribe to our email list for FREEBIES including this *FREE* Home Sweet Home Printable!