One of the mornings we were there, I made these muffins. They are pretty much the best of both worlds. A donut/muffin?! Yes, Please 🙂
I hope you give these a try and let us know what you think!
Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins
- FOR THE MUFFINS:
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon warm water*
- FOR THE MUFFINS: Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with paper cups or lightly grease.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the lemon zest and sugars. Use your fingertips or a spoon to incorporate the zest into the sugars until moist and fragrant.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, oil, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat till combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan. (The cups will be full)
- Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until they are pale golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
- FOR THE GLAZE: in a medium sized bowl mix together the melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and water* Whisk until smooth.
- When the muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. You can then dip them again for a thicker glaze. I glazed them twice.
- *For a more tart glaze, use 2 T. lemon juice instead of the 1 T. warm water. I did this and really loved the extra tart flavor.
- Recipe Source: My Baking Addiction