I created these vintage inspired stockings for the Nostalgic Noel collection on Joann’s Look book.
I love the look of classic and timeless stockings. For Joann’s I wanted to make a set of stockings this year. These stockings can be done different ways with different colors and also different trim piece but I wanted to share my easy tutorial with you.
These are the Materials you will need:
- 2 yards of fabric for the Stocking
- 3-4 yards of a variety of ribbons and trims
- Sewing Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Stocking Template
This is what I did:
- Using the Stocking template cut out fabric to make the stocking.
- Fold and pin ½ inch at the top of the stocking down to make a clean edge
- Pin two pieces of the stocking shape fabric together
- Sew the pieces together by sewing about ¼ of an inch in from the outer edge
- Turn stocking right side out
- Embellish the top of the stocking using the variety of ribbons and trims.
- Using a three inch piece of ribbon hot glue a loop together then glue it to the inside the stocking to create a loop, that way the stocking can be hung.
These are simple and easy to do. Let me know what you think.