Since pretty much the beginning of time, I’ve loved anything sparkly. Ask anyone. I always loved having a sparkly rhinestone license plate but we only have one family car. Lucky for me, my husband just rolls his eyes and lets me do it. He’s awesome like that. If you love everything sparkly like me, you’ll be excited for the tutorial I have for you today!
- License Plate Frame that fits your vehicle – Make sure to get one that is legal in your state. I’ve heard that some states are super picky about the frames covering any graphics or text on the license plate. These thin silver frames are the best!
- Rhinestones – I used 20ss size in “Silver Night” for the color. I purchased them from this shop on Etsy.
- E6000 – the ONLY glue I’ll rhinestone with.
- Crayon (preferably white) or wax – I used orthodontic dental wax
- Wooden skewer
- Syringe – most pharmacies will give you these or they come with most children’s medicine.
First, get your materials ready. If you are not using a crayon, make a pea size ball of wax and stick it on the end of your wooden skewer. You could stick it on a sharpened pencil if you have that on hand.
I love this tip. Fill your syringe with glue! The E6000 tube is terrible about leaking everywhere if you squeeze it and don’t put the cap right back on. The syringe allows me to use just what I need without making a mess.
Squeeze a small amount of glue onto a 1/2″ – 1″ section of your project. If you do too large of a section, the glue will dry before you get to it. Lame.
Use your crayon or wax ball to pick up your rhinestones and carry them to your project.
Place your rhinestone onto the glue and it will come right off of the wax ball. It’s basically the best, most efficient way to rhinestone anything. This allows you go do this project SUPER fast instead of fiddling with tweezers or trying to do it with your fingers and thus gluing your fingers together. Not that I’ve had that happen ever… 😉
Work your way all the way around your frame and Ta-da!! That’s it! This is sooo easy and looks stinkin’ cute on your car. Also makes an awesome gift.
Hope you enjoyed this little blinged out craft and you’ll make your own DIY Rhinestone License Plate Frame!
Join the CC squad!
Subscribe to our email list for FREEBIES including this *FREE* Home Sweet Home Printable!