This DIY Campaign Style Nightstand tutorial is an easy DIY nightstand that anyone can make. I swear ever Ikea Rast Hack is so cute and fun! This Ikea Rast nightstand is inexpensive to buy and customize for your own home!
This is probably the easiest way to dress up a plain ole’ Ikea Rast Campaign style Nightstand, other than just painting it. I really like these DIY nightstands because they provide a good amount of storage. Six, good sized, extra drawers for 2 DIY nightstands is pretty impressive and definitely helped us when trying to find storage in this small bedroom. Also, for $34.99, they can’t be beat.
Ikea Rast Hack
The only problem with the Ikea Rast Nighstand is they’re not very cute when you buy them, enter easy Ikea Rast Hack. They need some dressing up for sure. Today I’m going to show you have to make your own campaign style nightstand ikea rast hack super cute! Don’t worry this Ikea Rast Hack is super easy!
DIY Nightstand Materials:
- Ikea Rast Chest of Drawers
- Wood Filler
- 12 – 2″ Corner Braces*
- 3 – Cup Drawer/Cabinet Pulls*
**If your corner braces and drawer pulls don’t match for your DIY nightstand, spray paint them to match. I did that because I wanted mine gold, obviously.
Ikea Rast Hack Instructions:
- 1. First, assemble your Ikea Rast nightstand according to the directions. Do not install the drawer pulls that it comes with.
- 2. Use wood filler (according to the directions on the bottle) and fill the predrilled holes on the drawer fronts. When dry, sand them smooth with sandpaper.
- 3. Paint your nightstand whatever color you’d like. I used white and poured a little bit of Behr’s Canton Jade into the white to give it just a hint of mint color.
- 4. When the paint is completely dry, install your corner braces. This was the most time consuming part, believe it or not because there are 48 screws! Sheesh!
- 5. Measure for the center of the drawer and install your drawer pulls. We drilled holes for the screws after measuring where the center was and installed them pretty quickly.
As you can see up close, we got a little lazy on the second night stand and realized the braces stay fine without all 48 screws. I dunno about you but I’m cool with skipping a few of the 96 screws on 2 nightstands. 😉 Here’s what they look like on either side of my bed. I really just love them!
I just bought a 3rd Ikea Rast Nightstand to dress up for my boys’ room makeover that I’m working on. I took a little different approach on that one. Can’t wait to show you!
If you liked this DIY Nightstand / Ikea Rast Hack or want more details on this room, check out: