I partnered with Maids.com to share my tips for cleaning and nesting before the new baby comes.
I am pregnant with baby number 4 and I am beyond nervous but also very excited about it. I am due next month and I have been starting to nest and get ready for this baby to join our family. Last month Mallory helped me get things organized in my kitchen and pantry and that got the ball rolling. My kitchen is the place where my family gathers the most and I am so grateful we started there. I want to share more about my kitchen overhaul later and today I wanted to talk about getting already for baby.
Here is 6 tips to help get ready for baby.
1. Create a little changing station for baby. I wanted everything that the baby need to be easy to find and for everything to have a place. My girls are 5 and 6 years old and I wanted to be able to tell them where everything was at so that they could help me out a bit.
2. Having a little dresser helps to keep all babies stuff organized. I like to put things like a pump and nursing cover up, baby carrier and other small baby gear in the bottom drawer. In top the drawer I keep little storage baskets that hold binkys, nail clippers, nose sucker, baby brush, comb, nail filer, gums brush etc.
3. Gather supplies that you need for baby. Babies go through a lot of diapers and wipes so make sure you have plenty on hand. Get bottles and bottle brushes, if you are nursing then you may want to get extra milk storage bags.
4. Wash baby clothes and blankets. Babies skin is sensitive. I like to wash my baby clothes and blankets with a special detergent that is specially made for newborns and their sensitive skin.
5. Get your house cleaned. My all time favorite thing about having a baby is that while I am in the hospital my mom is kind enough to get my house cleaned for me. Let’s be honest when I am at the end of pregnancy I am not cleaning toilets, baseboards and fans etc. My mom will normally hire a cleaning service to deep clean everything and its my favorite gift ever! It is the best money spent for sure. I like to come home with baby to a clean house. Getting my house cleaned is a must have.
6. Take care of yourself. I like to try to get as much sleep as possible before the baby comes although it can be very hard at the end of pregnancy. I also like to get a new set of comfy pajamas or clothes to wear around the house for after baby comes. It’s always nice to have something new to wear. One last tip, I have three other children and I always get a little nervous about having another baby and how the other kids will adjust. I like to take each child on a little mini date, to be able to talk to them about the new baby and their lives and reassure them that I love them so much.
There are many other great tips for preparing for baby. Check out this post: Four Real Tips for Preparing your Home for Baby.
Having a new baby is always such change. Enjoy every single moment.