Let’s take a look at the famous Blackstone Griddle and see what my family of 6 thinks!
When my husband Kyle and I aren’t working on remodeling projects, you can find us outside by the pool with our kids. We love unwinding at the end of the day. But when it comes to making supper, sometimes we just don’t want to have to go inside, stand over a hot stove, and generally heat up the house in the middle of summer. I’m sweating just thinking about it! Plus, does anyone else get nauseous by the smell of food lingering in the house? Just me?
Last year I shared that a Blackstone griddle would be a great idea for your hubs or any beloved man in your life in my post Gift Guide for Men! | 2021 Walmart Gift Guide. Well, I ended up giving Kyle a Blackstone Griddle station with accessories last Christmas (lucky guy he is!). But actually, we all love it. Keep reading for my full review of the newest addition to our backyard.
Before we dive in, I also wanted to mention that we have a Traeger grill that we love and use often. Check out that review here if you’re comparing the two!
If we haven’t met, hi! I’m Savannah of Savannah Kay Designs. My husband Kyle and I are currently renovating our ranch style home in sunny Mesa, AZ, and sharing all of the behind the scenes on Instagram! Here are some of our latest projects:
- Bookshelf Decor | How to Style a Bookshelf
- Backsplash for Kitchens: How to Pick Tile You’ll Love for Years!
What can you cook on a Blackstone Griddle?
Really the sky’s the limit on food you can make! Our family loves making:
- Fajitas: We cook meats like steak and shrimp, as well as sauteed peppers and onions, and then finish with warming up the tortillas, all on the griddle!
- Burgers: We like to cook the meat patties as well as throw on toppings like bacon, onions, and mushrooms to saute up. Towards the end we also butter and toast our buns on the griddle.
- Breakfast: We cook hash browns, bacon, sausages, and of course eggs. Super easy and no washing up multiple pans when we’re done!
- Stirfry: Nothing is simpler (and healthier!) than throwing on your favorite veggies, meat, some noodles or rice, and letting it fry up. We love mixing in a teriyaki sauce to glaze and season the stirfry.
There are a ton of recipes for the Blackstone Griddle out there to inspire you!
What are the benefits of cooking on a Blackstone Griddle?
There are so many benefits to making a meal on the blackstone, but here are the top reasons we love it:
- No smell or mess in the house
- Easily saute a variety of items separately (which would otherwise take multiple pans on the stove)
- Quick clean-up
- Quality time outside with the family
Does it come with any accessories?
The griddle itself does not come with any accessories, but I would highly recommend buying the Blackstone Original 5-Piece Griddle Accessory Tool Kit, so you can get these basic items:
- 2 squirt bottles (use one for oil and one for water)
- 2 metal spatulas (great for flipping & separating)
- 1 bench scraper (great for chopping & clean-up)
How do I clean my Blackstone Griddle?
This is my favorite part! Okay so clean-up on your Blackstone is super simple. All you need to do to clean up after you’ve removed your food from the griddle is scrape away any remnants with your scraper and then push them out the drain opening. You can also quickly wipe any crumbs away with paper towels. If you have a stuck-on mess (especially if you cooked with any sugary-glaze!), you can also squirt water on the griddle to loosen it all up. Then squirt with oil and wipe it down so it’s ready for next time.
My Overall Review of Blackstone Griddle
5/5–Seriously, the Blackstone Griddle with accessories has been a game-changer for my family. While we’ve always loved grilling, we’ve been able to do so much more on the blackstone than just the grill. It’s easy to clean, simple to cook multiple foods for everyone’s preferences, and overall gets us outside more. I wish we wouldn’t have waited so long to get one!
And if you’re looking for daily inspiration for your next home improvement project, follow me on Instagram @savannahkaydesigns and say hello!
Cheers to your next summer barbeque!