Hi friends! We’re so excited to be sharing this ridiculously cute birthday idea with you! Well really, you could use it for any celebration. We created this darling gold foil banner to adorn the donut tower and it just takes it from yummy looking to over the top in just a few minutes!
A few weeks ago, we shared how to use Heidi Swapp’s new Minc machine that adds foil to virtually anything. It’s ridiculous guys. We’re obsessed. Click here to see our Minc Tutorial.
- Minc Foil Applicator and Starter Kit
- Minc Transfer Folder
- Minc Foil in Gold
- Smooth Cardstock
- Laserjet Printer – **NOTE** It will not work with an InkJet printer.
- “Let’s Party” Printable Banner (If you have the Silhouette Studio software you can download this file and print with your laserjet printer and cut it straight from Silhouette. You can also download Silhouette Studio here if you don’t have it. You do not need a Silhouette machine to design on the software. Click here download our banner.
- Baker’s Twine
- (2) Wooden Skewers
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- 20+ of your favorite donuts
First, Print your banner and insert it into your Minc Transfer folder and layer your choice of colored Minc Foil on top of the paper. Close your Minc Transfer folder and run it through the Minc machine. Setting 4 worked great for us.
After it runs through the machine, remove it and either run the paper through the Silhouette machine using your cutting mat if you’re familiar with Print and Cut features or you can EASILY cut these little pendants by hand.
Glue your triangle pendants to the baker’s twine with the hot glue gun and tie the ends to the skewers.
Stack your favorite donuts on a serving platter, stick your wooden skewers in the donuts to hang your banner over the donuts.
I mean honestly, a pile of donuts + gold foil anything = magic!
The Minc starter kit and accessories are available at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn’s along with a number of local stores and online shops. Add it to your birthday list! You’ll love it!