Dinner Ideas: Grilled Bacon Burger Recipe
It was 4th of July and we decided to stay home and invite some friends and family over for dinner. My husband was in the kitchen prepping for the grill and all the sudden I see him chopping bacon. Umm.. what? I asked him what he was doing and he said I’m making Bacon Burgers. Further clarification needed. Why are you CHOPPING the bacon into bits for bacon burgers. He proceeded to tell me that he’s mixing the bacon into the patty before he throws it on the grill. WHAT!!!!! Genius!! He’s a genius. I mean, I know he’s a smarty pants but why didn’t I think of that!? He cooked the bacon about 50% before it would be crispy, chopped it, mixed it into the beef patty and threw those suckers on the grill and daaaaaaang they were bomb. Here’s the recipe. You’re very welcome. 😉
- 1/2 package of Bacon, cooked about half way then chopped (adjust based on how much you love bacon. Throw the whole dang package in if you want. haha!)
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Lawry’s seasoning salt (My favorite seasoning ever)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook bacon on the stovetop until it’s about half way cooked, starting to crisp but not quite done.
- Let cool slightly then chop it into small pieces (Around the size of a dime or so)
- Mix bacon, ground beef, egg, and seasonings in a large bowl
- Grab a large handful and form a 3/4″ thick patty. Remember to make them larger than your bun because they WILL cook down substantially.
- Repeat until all of your meat is gone.
- Throw on the grill for 3-5 minutes on each side (internal temp. 135-150 degrees F) for Medium burgers with a hot pink center.
- Add cheese on the second side if desired.
- Remove from heat and cover will foil for 5 minutes to let them rest.
- Serve warm.
Join the CC squad!
Subscribe to our email list for FREEBIES including this *FREE* Home Sweet Home Printable!