Moody and Rustic Dining Room Makeover

Hi friends! I’m SUPER excited to share my new dining room makeover with you! I did some simple changes and some big DIYs to create a space that can fit my whole family and then some.

My husband and I made this DIY Pedestal Farmhouse table and bench using Shanty 2 Chic’s amazing tutorial. The chairs are from Amazon and I love them! You can find them here. (affiliate link)

I painted the back wall black and replaced my Navy China Cabinet with these industrial shelves. Over the Big Moon has an awesome tutorial for this. Check it out here.

I was loving the contemporary but rustic feel of the room and had the idea to switch out my chandelier for something more modern.

I found this totally dreamy Linear Socket Chandelier on Etsy from Lucent Light Shop which is based out of Phoenix, which I love. They customized it for me and it’s now available in their shop here.

Dining Room 1

Isn’t it gorgeous!? They do such quality work and I love the style it brings to the space.

Dining Room 2 Dining Room 4 Dining Room 5

I really love how it all came together and hope you love it too!

Much Love sign-2

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

Sarah
    April 24, 2015 at 12:54 pm

I love your style!! Looks so good. I collect cake stands too 🙂

Amanda
    April 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I couldn’t love this more if I tried. It’s perfect. Aaaaaand I’m off to paint one of my breakfast nook walls dark. 🙂
    Amanda recently posted…Friday Favorites 4.24.15My Profile

easypeasy
    April 24, 2015 at 10:29 pm

It looks amazing! 🙂
    easypeasy recently posted…Hand Softening Sugar ScrubMy Profile

Monica
    April 25, 2015 at 1:39 am

Stunning! All.of.it. Please share what color you used on the blue door.

Thanks!

Monica
    April 25, 2015 at 1:40 am

This is absolutely stunning. Please share what color you used on the blue door.
    Thanks!
    Monica recently posted…Research and StudyMy Profile

Gilly @ Colour Saturated Life
    April 25, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Love this dining room! The new light is perfect for the space.
    Gilly @ Colour Saturated Life recently posted…DIY Upcycled Utensil HolderMy Profile

tanya
    April 29, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I love your table!! I have been looking for one like that for awhile now. You did a great job on the dining room, the dark wall really adds a lot of character.
    tanya recently posted…Comparing Wages on an International ScaleMy Profile

colleen pastoor
    May 4, 2015 at 4:38 pm

This is gorgeous! I was looking at those table plans too, but we ended up getting living edge wood for the top. I really love the giant calendar and the chandelier- I’m dying to get working on my dining room now!
    colleen pastoor recently posted…Mothers Day Handlettered Flower Wraps: Free PrintableMy Profile

SistaTV
    May 6, 2015 at 4:53 pm

I love that calendar! Is there a link on where to purchase or a diy tutorial I’m missing? I did a search of the site and came up empty! This room is gorgeous! Excellent work!
    SistaTV recently posted…SistaTV Daily Podcast #38 Lessons in FailureMy Profile

Heather
    May 13, 2015 at 10:01 am

Goodness gracious I love those lights! I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced, sputnik-inspired light for who knows how long!