The Classy Clutter Craft Studio Reveal

Classy Clutter Craft Studio

We are so excited to finally be sharing our Craft Studio that we finished last month. We completed this makeover in about 36 hours! In case you haven’t heard, I (Mallory) will finally be moving back to Arizona (15 minutes from Savannah!!!) and we wanted a space that we could lock ourselves in and bust out some major projects, blog work and brainstorming in the few hours a week we will have to work together. Aside from blogging, we each have our own “side jobs”.  I run an Etsy shop selling vinyl designs for home decor and Savannah is a hair stylist (a dang good one at that! *winks*). Between our jobs, being wives and having 7 kiddos under 6 between the two of us, we have to prioritize, plan and bust out projects whenever there is an opportunity. We had a 36 hour window before flying to a conference in Salt Lake City so we busted it out!

Classy Clutter Craft Studio Makeover

The need for a workspace is long overdue and we are thrilled with how this one turned out. We’ve converted one of Savannah’s bedrooms into a studio space for us to work, craft, brainstorm and a place to keep our supplies organized. For now, it is all of Savannah’s crafting supplies in the storage boxes and bookshelves but when I move to Arizona, we will have access to both of our stock pile of crafting supplies, tools, paint and decor items.

DIY Metallic Clipboards

The clipboards here are a super easy DIY project. We bought clipboards from Amazon here* (*affiliate links) and spray painted them with our favorite spray paint, RustOleum gold metallic spray paint*.  The floral wall decals are available here in my Etsy Shop.

Crafting in the studio

The bookcases were thrift store finds that Savannah found a few years ago. We painted them years ago and they were perfect for this space, don’t you think? We used Ikea storage boxes* and Kate Spade storage boxes* to organize all of the craft supplies, in the room. It’s shocking how much we were able to fit in the room after putting everything (with like items) in the boxes and drawers. Organizing makes me giddy. Can you tell?

Organizing Supplies Bookshelves

All of the solid colored boxes are from Ikea and the printed boxes (floral, striped, polka dot) are Kate Spade. They’re just too good not to splurge on.

Bookshelf Vignette

We completely emptied out the closet, added shelves and the pegboard. Oh, the pegboard. The easiest way to organize your handheld tools, you guys. I mean, let’s not reinvent the wheel when the pegboard works wonders. We bought the pegboard at Home Depot, had it cut to size and ordered these pegboard accessories* from Amazon to complete the space. Ours were navy and we sprayed them pink. Shocking, I know. I made the labels with my Silhouette CAMEO* in the Bauderie Script font. It’s the perfect font for labels. Pretty, dainty and readable.

Craft Room Storage Closet

Peg board

Peg board Organization

These cute little shelves are from Ikea. You can get similar* (or maybe these exact ones??) here.

Book Ledges

DIY Marquee Sign

Could you die at the mini-marquee sign? It was fun to put our handle and a fun hashtag on it. Follow us @classyclutter on instagram!

DIY Sequins Wall Art

Check out the tutorial for our sequins INSPIRE wall art here.  The desk, lamp, drawers beneath the desk are all from Ikea. The fur rug is from HomeGoods. We’re obsessed with the lamp and you can even get it on Amazon here* if you don’t live near Ikea.

Classy Clutter Laptop

Don’t mind our little candy stash. You’ve GOT to have candy stash when you’re working on projects. Am I right or am I right?

Desk Vignette

Later this week we will have the DIY Paint Brush Statement Art piece that is hanging in front of the window. Isn’t it cool?? Oh, the rug is from Hobby Lobby, Black/gold (it was black/copper but we spray painted it) drum shade is from Ikea. For the light, we just took the fan blades off and mounted the shade right over the existing light fixture. Super easy! The acrylic chairs are from Amazon too*. You can get them here, we spray painted the bases gold as well.

DIY Sequins Wall with Mal and Sav

We hope you love our space and hope you do too! If we forgot to list where an item is from, shoot us a comment or an email and we’ll answer that for you! Happy crafting friends!

Craft Studio Makeover and organizing ideas

mallory & savannah signature

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Brenda D Friess
    March 17, 2015 at 10:34 am

You girls do an AWESOME job putting it all together and have FUN at the same time! I LOVE LOVE decorating my home and you two are an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing!
    Brenda Friess
    PS I’m a Mary Kay consultant so if you don’t have a consultant, check out my website for the BEST color cosmetics and skincare out there! Our new Spring colors are so fun!!

Carol W.
    March 17, 2015 at 11:10 am

Inspiring creative space! Very organized, light and beautiful. Enjoy your new office, make great things!
    Carol W. recently posted…15 Favorite BloggersMy Profile

Havok
    March 17, 2015 at 12:24 pm

…can I just come visit for day?! The whole room is amazing! I think it would be difficult to get much done, though, with so many pretty things to look at everywhere, ha! 😀
    Havok recently posted…BalanceMy Profile

rebecca lopez
    March 17, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Love Love Love it!
    rebecca lopez recently posted…St. Patrick’s Day Wood BannerMy Profile

Jenna
    March 17, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Absolutely love this space! So bright and fun!
    Jenna recently posted…Mint (and Gold) Up-cycled MirrorsMy Profile

mairead
    March 17, 2015 at 10:17 pm

I adore that y’all will spray-paint anything gold that you think needs it–I am one of those who’s always thinking, “Gold? Yes, definitely.” But then I lose my nerve. You can’t argue with the results here, though. So glam, so bright, so gorgeous. Long may you enjoy and be inspired.

Have you covered the paintbrush-stenciled curtain in a previous post? I’m loving that too. Oh, and the throw pillow on your beautiful nailhead trim side chair–that fabric! I need it for reasons!

March 17, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words! The paintbrush art tutorial will be shared on Thursday and the fabric from the throw pillow is from Tonic Living I believe.

Thanks!!

Caley
    March 18, 2015 at 7:49 am

It looks awesome! Well done ladies x
    Caley recently posted…Blogger Chit Chat: Week ThreeMy Profile

Izabela Kumar
    March 18, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Beautiful! I loved the way it was set up 🙂
    Izabela Kumar recently posted…What’s in my cell phoneMy Profile

Haeley @ Design Improvised
    March 18, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Amazing job ladies, just amazing! I absolutley love it!

Priscila
    March 19, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I am in love with all your crafts and decoration. Yesterday I was late seeing all your post as I had just discovered… THANKS for all your ideas and work..

Hayley
    March 21, 2015 at 1:06 am

Love it all! Wondering where you got the floral decor pillow and the floral arrangements on your desk?!?!?!

March 23, 2015 at 11:02 am

The floral pillow was a custom design from our friend at KB Cute on Etsy. We supplied her with fabric from Tonic Living. Hope that helps!

Priscila
    March 23, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Your desk where did you bought it? Also the shelf for books and frames that you have on the wall? Do you have a DIY paint brush? I had just bought today all the material to do the INSPIRE board…. Thanks

Jessica H
    March 24, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I am sooooo jealous!
    Jessica H recently posted…How to Add Instagram Photos to a Facebook Fan PageMy Profile

Sarah
    April 20, 2015 at 1:12 am

Wowza! This is lovely! You ladies did a fantastic job and in such a short amount of time! Amazing!

Sarah
    thesloppyperfectionist.blogspot.com

Katie
    April 23, 2015 at 10:54 pm

I’m so in love with this room!!! I want a craft studio just like it. Where did you get the “Follow that Dream” framed print?

Pam Corbett
    May 19, 2015 at 10:34 am

What model of desk from Ikea is it? Did you put two desk together or is it one?

Shea O'Quinn
    August 17, 2015 at 3:53 pm

SOOOOO cute! Where is that mini-marquee sign from? I must have one! 🙂

Layne
    November 20, 2015 at 12:31 pm

Gorgeous!! Where are the floral pillow and striped throw from?

Amanda Ellis
    December 16, 2015 at 11:12 am

I’m obsessed with your desk. Can you give more details about it?

January 6, 2016 at 12:48 pm

The legs and the table top are both from Ikea. They are sold separately

Karen David
    January 3, 2016 at 10:10 am

Stunning room ladies! I just started boxing the clusters in my open shelves and it make for so much more room (and less eye-overload)!

I second the above commenter: where’d you get that darling mini marquee sign?? Was it an earlier DIY? I must know!

Katie
    January 5, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Great room! Love all the details! Where is the mini-marquee sign from?

January 6, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Thanks so much! I ordered the mini marquee sign from mycinemalightbox.com

Megan
    January 16, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Where is the floral throw pillow from? I can’t find it anywhere.

Andrea
    February 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Andrea
    February 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

*FINALLY found your blog post that has been driving traffic to our site!! (mycinemalightbox.com) LOVE all these pictures, I’ve been trying to hunt you down for months! We’ve pinned all the pics to our pinterest to lead back to your blog, and want to thank you for the shout outs 🙂 All your photos and posts are so pretty and creative, send us an email sometime, we would love to send you some new letter packs with fun colours and symbols! 😉

Kate @ Hounds and Habits
    August 18, 2016 at 8:40 am

Excuse me while I clean the drool off of my keyboard… I love EVERYTHING about this room! So beautiful!
    Kate @ Hounds and Habits recently posted…Review: Imperfect Love by Isabella WhiteMy Profile