Hey Guys! It’s Adell from Baked in Arizona! I have a great recipe that you can make for the Easter holiday coming up! If you have kids, this is a great one to let them help with! 5 ingredients & they take no time to whip up! My kids went crazy over these.
I made these in a cupcake pan & used cadbury mini eggs, but any small easter egg candy will work! These are made from the classic “butterscotch haystacks” recipe that has been around for ages. Another great thing bout this fun recipe is that it’s a no-bake! Love a good no-bake recipe, especially since it’s already starting to heat up here in Arizona!
You can store these in the fridge, but you may want to let them sit out a few minutes before you serve. Just so they aren’t too hard to bite into.
I love easy recipes that are cute and taste amazing! Plus this is a great way to use up the leftover chow mien noodles you have from hawaiian haystacks! The butterscotch & peanut butter mixed together is so good! I hope you try these out. If you do, come back and let us know how you liked them 🙂
Butterscotch Bird Nests
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups chow mien noodles
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 36 small chocolate eggs (like cadbury mini eggs)
- Prepare a 12 count cupcake pan by spraying it with cooking spray. (You could also line with parchment paper)
- Melt the butterscotch chips as directed on package in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the chow mien noodles & marshmallows and gently mix till covered.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake pan. Press in the center of each “nest” to create a spot for the eggs.
- Place 3 eggs in the center of the nest. Let them harden in the refrigerator.
- Once they are set up, you can use a knife to gently loosen the sides and remove from the cupcake pan.
- Store in the refrigerator but let them sit out a few minutes before serving so they aren’t too hard.
- NOTES: You can add more or less marshmallows/chow mien noodles till you get the consistency you prefer. You really can’t mess these up!
For more recipes from Baked in Arizona follow me on:
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah