I created these vintage inspired stockings for the Nostalgic Noel collection on Joann’s Look book.
I love the look of classic and timeless stockings. For Joann’s I wanted to make a set of stockings this year. These stockings can be done different ways with different colors and also different trim piece but I wanted to share my easy tutorial with you.
These are the Materials you will need:
- 2 yards of fabric for the Stocking
- 3-4 yards of a variety of ribbons and trims
- Sewing Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Stocking Template
This is what I did:
- Using the Stocking template cut out fabric to make the stocking.
- Fold and pin ½ inch at the top of the stocking down to make a clean edge
- Pin two pieces of the stocking shape fabric together
- Sew the pieces together by sewing about ¼ of an inch in from the outer edge
- Turn stocking right side out
- Embellish the top of the stocking using the variety of ribbons and trims.
- Using a three inch piece of ribbon hot glue a loop together then glue it to the inside the stocking to create a loop, that way the stocking can be hung.
These are simple and easy to do. Let me know what you think.
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah