Shabby Chic Master Bedroom Makeover

Master Bedroom Makeover

Hi friends! I’m super excited to finally reveal a room that I’ve seriously been working on for years. I just couldn’t seem to get exactly what I wanted but after a lot of trial and error and finally deciding to bite the bullet and paint my bedroom furniture, I can finally say, I LOVE my bedroom!

Savannahs bedroom - before

If you’ve been around her for a while, you may remember my master bedroom back in 2010.  Has it really been 4 years?!? Wow! Anyway, we purchased our bedroom furniture right when we first got married 8 years ago and while I absolutely love the size, shape and quality of the furniture, I wasn’t in love with the dark finish anymore. We have a medium size master bedroom and with a king size bed, the dark furniture just kind of took over the room. I tried to lighten it up with bedding and lighter paint colors on the walls but I just couldn’t make myself love it anymore.  After a lot of back and forth, I finally decide to paint it and I am over the moon happy that I did! The paint color is Behr Swiss Coffee. You can find more details on how I did the furniture here.

Bedroom furniture - Behr Swiss Coffee

Master Bedroom Furniture - Behr Swiss Coffee

Nightstand painted Behr Swiss Coffee

Master Bedroom Pillows

I am in love with my new bedding. I love the texture and color of it. You can find it at Anthropologie. The pillows, lamps and throw are from HomeGoods. I had a local shop in Phoenix order the wallpaper for me. You can order some online here.

Lamps from HomeGoods

For this space in between my windows, I created a gallery wall of Ikea frames and printed some cute prints for them.

Gallery Wall Prints

The last little bit I want to talk about is this dreamy fan! Now, ceiling fans aren’t typically the most exciting part of designing a room but in Arizona, you NEED a ceiling fan in most rooms! When Casablanca Fan Company contacted me to review some of their gorgeous fans, I knew THIS fan would be perfect in my bedroom makeover. You would seriously be miserable without them and/or your air conditioning bill would go through the roof!

Zudio Fan from Casablanca Fan Co.

These amazing fans provide a ton of great air circulation and great light. The cool air circulation helps so you don’t have to run your air conditioning system as often. I love the sleek modern design and that my room makeover doesn’t have to have a typical eyesore of a builder grade ceiling fan. With Casablanca Fan Company you really don’t need to sacrifice style for functionality! I am really pleased with their products and customer service.  Casablanca Fan Company has a huge selection of stylish fans at great prices. Head over and check out their website! You can even follow Casablanca Fan Company on Facebook.

Master Bedroom Makeover 1

Master Bedroom 3

I’m so excited to finally have my bedroom done and I absolutely love it! What do you think!?

Much Love sign-2

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Casablanca Fan Company. All opinions are 100% my own.

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

Tamara @ Etcetorize
    October 3, 2014 at 6:54 pm

It’s beautiful! But I can’t believe you didn’t even touch on that incredible wall behind your headboard. Is that wallpaper? Did you paint on mirror? Did I miss a post on it already? I need to know more~
    Tamara @ Etcetorize recently posted…Cutlery CoversMy Profile

October 3, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Hi Tamara!

I mentioned in the post that a local shop in Phoenix ordered the wallpaper for me and unfortunately, I don’t have any info on it! So sorry!

Rebecca Lopez
    October 3, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Turned out so great Savannah! Very pretty! Love that bed!
    Rebecca Lopez recently posted…The Creative Collection Link PartyMy Profile

Button
    October 4, 2014 at 6:02 am

The white bed really looks nice like snow white type of house:-)

All the best from Malaysia.
    Button recently posted…How button badges useful on political campaigns?My Profile

Layne
    October 7, 2014 at 1:45 pm

So beautiful – I can’t get enough of that flowered wall. Gorgeous!

Jess
    October 8, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I am in love with this look! The bedding is so amazing and that wallpaper is to die for. Congrats on the makeover and enjoy it so much!
    Jess recently posted…Etsy your Shabby ChicMy Profile

Julie
    October 9, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Oh my goodness…I love everything you did, Savannah! The wallpaper is BREATH TAKING. I adore it!!!! What a beautiful room you have created.

Kasia
    October 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Hi
    I’m recently moving an Adore the wallpaper – the rose themed wallpaper – so feminine !!! Lovely
    If you don’t mind sharing where to get the wallpaper id be delighted – it’s so beautiful n classy. Hope your having a lovely day n keep up the excellent work – your amazing 🙂

Gina
    October 19, 2014 at 9:45 am

Hi! I LOVE the dresser and side table!! They came out awesome! Where did you find the fantastic draw pulls!!?? OMG I LOVE THIS SITE

Anne
    October 20, 2014 at 12:18 am

I love this so much, but I think the accent wall behind the bed is my favorite part!
    Anne recently posted…Weekly Round-up!My Profile

October 20, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Thanks Anne! We really love the wallpaper too! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo – Mallory & Savannah

Audra
    October 28, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Can you tell me the company that you ordered your wallpaper through? I love it so much!

dorothee
    October 31, 2014 at 1:04 am

what is the paint color of the wall?

Patrina
    November 5, 2014 at 10:53 am

Your room is Amazing!! Love the wallpaper, it is Anna French Bird In The Bush (foiled), unfortunately they do not have distributors in Canada for me to order it.

Christine
    November 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Hiya!
    I’m you new fan! Just discovered your blog today, love it!
    Christine

Delores Lyon
    March 20, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Thanks for sharing your decor! Your bedroom looks so wonderful! The white shabby chic looks so great, and I can’t get enough. I would love to do something like this for my own bedroom. Maybe it’s time for me to take a trip to Home Goods.