Gold Glam Bathroom Makeover

Glam Bathroom Makeover

Glam Bathroom Makeover 3

A few weeks ago, I shared my Glam Bathroom Makeover mood board with you. I was super excited to get rid of the grey and paint this bathroom with Glidden Paint’s Dove White. We are going to be moving soon and fresh paint always helps to sell a house, especially a pretty neutral color. That being said, I took this bathroom from Glidden paint’s Pebble Grey to Dove White and I love it! It makes the bathroom feel huge compared to before and fresh white paint just makes me smile! I added some gold elements to the room to dress it up a bit and give it a fun, glamorous vibe! I really love the turn out.

Glam Bathroom Makeover 1

Let’s go in, shall we?

Glam Bathroom Makeover 2

The first step of this makeover was paint. I painted it using Dove White, like I mentioned before and I used Glidden® Premium Paint + Primer Interior in a Satin sheen. I like the satin or eggshell finish because it has a somewhat matte finish (I didn’t want too glossy in here since I was adding so much metallic gold) and satin is totally wipeable and pretty easy to keep clean. I mean, I share a bathroom with 5 boys so I need to be able to keep the white clean and white! Oh, that mirror and white wicker basket (similar here) are from Hobby Lobby.

Glidden Dove White Paint Color

I purchased the cabinet pull at the Home Depot. I love the acrylic and brass combo.

Glam Bathroom Makeover 10

The gold and cream quatrefoil rug came from Hobby Lobby. I used a coupon and got a great deal!

Glam Bathroom Makeover 8

This cute Live Simply printable got snagged from my Gold Gallery Wall that I’m redoing currently. You can find a similar print from the adorable Yellow Bungalow Shop. It’s a great little reminder. 🙂

Glam Bathroom Makeover 7

I spray painted my clear shower curtain rings using gold spray paint to make them look a little more fancy. The shower curtain is dreamy too! It’s great fabric and I love the girly look of the ruffles. You can find it here for $22. That, my friends, is a smokin’ deal!

Glam Bathroom Makeover 6

Now for my favorite part of the room, my DIY Faux Wallpaper. You can get the full tutorial here.

Dahlia Faux Wallpaper

Glam Bathroom Makeover 11

Just for fun, here’s how it looked when we first rented the house.

Bathroom Before and After

I’m so happy this little room is done. I love how it turned out! Do you?

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

This post was sponsored by Glidden Paint. All opinions are 100% mine.

Krista @thehappyhousie
    October 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm

It is unbelievably stunning Mallory! Can’t wait to see how you made that ‘wallpaper’!!
    Krista @thehappyhousie recently posted…Coconut Curry Crockpot Pumpkin Soup {with salty roasted pumpkin seeds}My Profile

Brittany
    October 28, 2014 at 7:06 pm

This is amazing!!! I love it!
    Question- is the shower curtain you purchased white or cream?
    They say the cream is $22 and the white is $29 so I was just curious. (:

October 28, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Hi Brittany! Mine is white. I didn’t pay $29 though. I bought it a few months ago. I’ll try to look for another source that’s cheaper. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles
    October 28, 2014 at 8:26 pm

I too have drooled over that paper, and dreamed of using it in my powder bath! LOVE what you did!

Louise Nickel
    October 28, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Wow! I am seriously in love! =D xx.

Brooke Berry
    October 28, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I love it! I can’t wait to see how you did it. Renter friendly is a bonus! Great job.
    Brooke Berry recently posted…A Chair For Night StandMy Profile

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life
    October 28, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Oh I love the gold and what an amazing makeover. So beautiful and so chic.
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life recently posted…Gold & More Gold – Polka Dots and ChevronsMy Profile

Leslie @ House on the Way
    October 28, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Gorgeous bathroom makeover! Love the gold and the faux wallpaper is perfect.
    Leslie

Selene Galindo
    October 29, 2014 at 12:02 am

I am in love with this bathroom makeover!!! What a difference the white paint and faux wall paper made!!!
    Selene Galindo recently posted…Revamping A Lamp Using Spray Paint & Book PagesMy Profile

Amy W
    October 29, 2014 at 12:36 am

You have GOT to be kidding me. I thought for sure it was the wallpaper. Girl. If I didn’t have exceedingly textured walls, I’d be doing this to my entire house tomorrow!! Pinning.
    Amy W recently posted…How to make Gold Dipped PencilsMy Profile

Rebecca Lopez
    October 29, 2014 at 10:07 am

Stop! This is so cute! I love it. Great job! It’s so dreamy.
    Rebecca Lopez recently posted…Free Fall PrintableMy Profile

DIY Floral Faux Wallpaper
    October 29, 2014 at 2:37 pm

[…] It’s no secret that I’m head over heels in love with my Silhouette Cameo. I tell people I use it on a daily basis and I don’t think they believe me but it’s true. I even have a special setup in my craft room where I ran the power cord through my craft island so it’s always ready to go! It is my “go-to” crafting tool. That being said, this was key element in designing my floral faux wallpaper for my bathroom that I showed you yesterday. If you missed that post, check out my glamorous bathroom reveal here. […]

Joni
    October 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

This is AMAZING! I think it’s my favorite DIY EVER!
    I hope you don’t mind but I am going to do this on a wall in my craft room…it is all pink, gold, black and white.
    I love this sooo much!
    Thank you for sharing, because I’m afraid I might have had to order the wallpaper as my Christmas present!?
    Love your Blog.

Coco
    November 1, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Love it! SO cute!!!
    Coco recently posted…Rocktober! Scary Glow in the Dark EyesMy Profile

Max Arthur
    November 4, 2014 at 11:44 pm

My, my. Nicely done. I could eat in that bathroom. LOL
    Max Arthur recently posted…myTonic.netMy Profile

Christine
    November 9, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Oh muh. Gosh!!! This is so oooooo me! I too am a fan of gold! This is making me crazy I need that wallpaper STAT!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Christine

Christine
    November 9, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Oh by the way… when did hobby lobby start selling rugs? That is the cutest rug ever!!
    Christine

Amy Johnson
    December 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

I cannot find the tutorial on this beautiful faux tutorial. My 12yr daughter and I love this idea for the back of a large bookcase.

My home tour and saying goodbye to New York - Classy Clutter
    April 21, 2015 at 10:19 am

[…] the full bathroom makeover […]

Naomi
    April 26, 2015 at 7:10 pm

I love what you did with this! That wallpaper is beautiful, but it does require an investment. I honestly didn’t even know you had used vinyl until I read the whole article – it looks amazing!

Guy Gardener
    September 9, 2015 at 8:54 am

I love the gold paint you used for the roses! This bathroom looks so much nicer with this brighter, and more reflective wall. The green wall made the room seem way too dark.

Ivana
    March 6, 2016 at 9:09 am

This makeover is absolutely fantastic!! I was just wondering about the cabinet under the sink… Did you remodel it? I have a similar one and I’m thinking about painting it and make it as a bathroom vanity.

March 13, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Yes, I did remodel it and I will never look back! I am in love with the look! I painted the walls white and the cabinet white for a cleaner look! A plus with painting walls white is it makes a room look bigger and thats exactly what I needed in my bathroom!

maxc
    April 24, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Do you have an estimate of how many of your decals i would need to order for, say a 6 X 8 wall? Using about the same amount as you used in your bathroom?