Marshmallow Crunch Brownies

Hey there! Adell, from Baked in Arizona! I know everyone is going crazy over pumpkin and apple and fall and all, but I just have to share this brownie recipe with you! It is a delicious treat anytime of the year! Don’t get me wrong, I love fall baking but sometimes you just can’t deny that chocolate/brownie craving, especially when you are 35 weeks pregnant 😉 At least that’s what I tell myself! haha! But pregnant or not, you are going to love these brownies!

A friend of mine had these brownies at a party and was telling me about them. So of course I had to try them out! You could make a homemade brownie on the bottom, but I took the easy way and used a mix. Plus you are adding 2 more layers so it cuts down on the work for you and I think it tastes just as good. I tried the version with marshmallow creme instead of the miniature marshmallows but I prefer the actual marshmallows. The top is my favorite! The butterscotch/chocolate/peanut butter crunch is what makes these brownies to die for!
These brownies need to be chilled in the fridge. The chocolate needs to set up before serving/cutting but I promise the wait is worth it.
Hurry and make these brownies! I promise you will be glad you did! And let us know what you think!
Marshmallow Crunch Brownies
Ingredients:
  • 1 box brownie mix (18.9 ounce) made according to package directions*
  • 3 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 2 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
Instructions:
  1. Grease an 11×7 inch pan. Make brownies according to package directions. Bake for 28-31 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of the brownies cooking time, remove from the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows over the top. Return to the oven and cook for 2 more minutes. (I baked for 29 min. then added the marshmallows for the last 2 min.)
  2. While the brownies are cooling, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over the stove top according to the package directions. (I just microwave and stop to stir every 20 seconds until melted.) Once melted, stir in the peanut butter and rice cereal. Let it cool slightly then gently spoon and spread over the cooled marshmallow layer.
  3. Let the brownies set up in the fridge. Once the chocolate is firm, cut & enjoy! These are best served cold. Store covered in the refrigerator.
  4. Notes: *I used the triple chunk brownie box mix. It’s my favorite because it has chunks of chocolate in it, of course 🙂 Also, you can make these with a 8×8 or 9×9 dish, they will just be a bit thicker and you will need to cook a little longer (just follow the box recommendation, adding the mallows for the last 2 minutes.)

If you want more recipes, you can follow me here:
 photo BAKEDBUTTONFB.png photo BAKEDBUTTONIG.png photo BAKEDBUTTONTW.png photo BAKEDBUTTONPIN.png

Thanks for having me!Holy cow, Adell! These look incredible!!! Thanks for sharing them with us! I can’t wait to try them!!!

mallory-savannah-signature

Shop this recipe with text

Before you go...

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Leslie @ House on the Way
    September 17, 2014 at 9:01 pm

These look so yummy!

Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girl
    September 20, 2014 at 10:59 pm

WHAT. These look *awesome*. My love for marshmallow knows no bounds, and I’m excited at the prospect of throwing in some butterscotch and brownie layers. Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah @ The Gold Lining Girl recently posted…1 Minute Review! Hot or Not: L’Oreal Silkissime Eyeliners in Gold and SilverMy Profile

Nicole
    September 22, 2014 at 2:38 pm

What do you do with the butterscotch chips? Is it melted with the chocolate?

Carley
      October 12, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I am wondering the same thing! The pictures look like the chocolate chips are in the brownie mix, and the butterscotch chips are melted and mixed with the peanut butter and the cereal. That is what I’m going to do when I make these!

Tricia
      October 24, 2014 at 7:26 pm

I just made these and here’s what I did…I followed everything except when melting the chips, I melted the chocolate chips first on 50% power in the microwave…when they were pretty much melted I added in the butterscotch chips and gave it a quick stir and microwaved (again on 50% power) for about another minute, and stirred in the cereal and peanut butter. The first batch I made I tried melter both kinds together at the same time and at full power and they came out dry and crumble 🙁 But 2nd time around came out much better!

Lori K
      October 26, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I melted the chocolate and butterscotch chips together. Mine don’t look like the picture, but they still taste delicious. I think there’s a step missing.

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector)
    September 26, 2014 at 3:43 pm

These look fabulously delicious! Thanks for linking up with SNF!
    Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) recently posted…White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Toffee BlondiesMy Profile

Melissa
    October 26, 2014 at 8:39 pm

thinking about baking these for a church bake sale. Was wondering how long they would hold without being frozen and can they be frozen?!

let’s talk chocolate | baby blue bunnies
    February 17, 2015 at 7:41 pm

[…] Marshmallow Crunch Brownies & Knock You Naked Brownies & Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies is what i am craving today! i don’t know about you, but sometimes, chocolate sounds so good! and chocolate is good at any time of year as well! these are some recipes i found on Pinterest and find the websites (linked above on the names) to find the full blog and recipe in full, because i am just going to summarize the basics of what you need here! […]

18 Brownie Recipes to Delight Your Taste Buds! | How Does She
    April 23, 2015 at 12:07 pm

[…] 15. Marshmallow Crunch Brownies […]

Kelly Overcash
    May 11, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Marshmallow Crunch brownies call for butterscotch chips but no instructions on where the butterscotch chips belong in the recipe????