DIY Scalloped Accent Wall

Scalloped Wall 9

This accent wall of mine has been through a few different transformations over a short amout of time. Now, it’s this pretty and clean looking wall with painted gold scallops. The gold scallops are subtle and thats what I like so much about them. It was the opposite from the old Chervon Wall. The DIY Scalloped Accent Wall was done for less then $5.

DIY Scalloped Wall

Scalloped Wall 1

If you forgot what it looked like before and want to see the evolution, check it out HERE IMG_04421-1024x661

Let me tell you how I changed this wall… First I painted the wall Behr Snow Fall. That alone was a big change. Scalloped Wall Before

I used a Gold Sharpie Paint Pen. I used the normal size marker tip. I also used a steamer pot lid from one of my tamale pots I got it at Walmart. The lid worked sooooo perfect. I simply marked two lines on to the lid and thats what I used as the guide. I would draw the scallop from line to line, and because of the holes I could see the center of the scallop above. It was that easy. I bought two paint pens. I went through one and a half pens total. It only took like 2-3 hours to finish the whole wall. My wall is really really long.

Scalloped Wall During

Scalloped Wall During 3.jpg

Scalloped Wall During 2.jpg

I honestly love the wall so much!! The gold is perfect and the pattern is subtle but still makes a big impact.

Scalloped Wall 10Scalloped Wall 9

Scalloped Wall 3

Scalloped Wall 4

Scalloped Wall 2

Scalloped Wall 1

DIY Scalloped Wall

Have you used a sharpie paint pen yet? Can you even imagine the possibilites using these sharpie paint pens. And for under $5 this is a great DIY project and it makes a big impact.

By the way have you seen Mallory’s Paint Pen Accent Wall. Check it out HERE! It is Awesome! I just really love the design, and her coral tv stand is perfection too!

If you like this… Share the Love.. PIN IT!

Much Love sign-2

Erin Ellis
    May 15, 2014 at 9:20 am

That looks fabulous! Honestly I would never think that scallops on a wall would be for me, but I love it!

May 15, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Love it! I have been looking for a simple stencil to do in my master bedroom & this is perfect! How did you do the top?

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno
    May 15, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Love it! Looks so good!!
    Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno recently posted…Kitchen Dreaming. With a Little Help from Cabinets Direct USA…My Profile

Amy | The Happy Scraps
    May 15, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Ok, I totally love this! I love that it was so inexpensive, and that you just used the steamer pot lid. Who would have thought! 🙂 The wall looks beautiful, and I agree, it is a subtle, but makes a big impact. SO pretty! Thank you for taking the time to stop by and link up to The Creative Exchange!
    Amy | The Happy Scraps recently posted…The Creative Exchange Link Party #1My Profile

May 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Super pretty – I love the subtle hit of gold Savannah!
    Krista recently posted…Easy and Delicious Mango Banana Breakfast SmoothiesMy Profile

May 15, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Super pretty! I love the subtle hit go gold – and such a great modern shape!

cori grondel
    May 16, 2014 at 11:28 am

okay—absolutely love this!!! ever since I saw mandi and her sharpie wall I am completely obsessed and will be “sharpie wallpapering” one of my walls. LOVE the scallop design. genius!

Ann Melamed
    May 16, 2014 at 11:34 am

What a brilliant, creative, simple, do-able way to spruce up a small space! You’re a genius!

Natasha in Oz
    May 16, 2014 at 11:14 pm

You always do the most creative things! I love this room and the scalloping looks beautiful. Well done!

I would be thrilled if you could share this post at my weekly Say G’day Saturday linky party. It has just started and this would be a brilliant addition.

Best wishes for a great weekend,
    Natasha in Oz
    Natasha in Oz recently posted…Say G’Day Saturday Linky Party {87} ~ Making a ‘Contact Me’ Button for Your Blog TutorialMy Profile

Audrey C
    May 17, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Um, this is amazing! I am always so intimidated by stencils and I live the simplicity of it yet the big impact. I might have to do this in my daughters room!

Kristy (DavesWife)
    May 18, 2014 at 12:07 am

This is SERIOUSLY stunning. You ladies are SO talented!!!♥

capturing joy with kristen duke
    May 21, 2014 at 9:03 am

I love the idea of using a sharpie, but I”m pretty sure i’d have a few blunders, did you have any mess-ups that you had to paint over and try again??
    capturing joy with kristen duke recently posted…Father’s Day Gift Tag {You are the World}My Profile

May 21, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I am head over heals in LOVE with this! I love scallops and I can’t believe how aweseome this turned out! Now you’ve got my wheels turning for a nice master bedroom accent wall. Thanks for sharing! Genius!
    Landee recently posted…4th of July Party Idea: Patriotic Utensil HoldersMy Profile

Happy Weekend: Links to Love! | Pretty Providence
    June 1, 2014 at 8:01 am

[…] am totally obsessed with this gold scallop accent wall! I can’t believe they did that for under $5.. totally my kind of […]

June 20, 2014 at 6:09 am

right up my alley

October 9, 2014 at 4:56 pm

SO beautiful, simple, and perfect in every way!!!
    Can you please tell me the measurements on your lid? And where did you start on the wall? Top right side? TIA.

20 DIY Project Ideas {Link Party Features} - I Heart Nap Time
    November 5, 2014 at 9:38 pm

[…] DIY Scalloped Wall from Classy Clutter […]

The Crafted Collective: DIY Wall Art - The Benson Street
    April 24, 2015 at 8:04 am

[…] am absolutely in love with this easy wall treatment by Classy Clutter.  Add some spice to a wall using a paint pen to create this scalloped DIY wall […]

December 31, 2015 at 11:37 am

I REALLY need to try this somewhere in my home- So stinkin’ pretty!!!
    Vera recently posted…Isabelles room.My Profile

Safavieh Shag Sg511 Silver Rug
    April 11, 2016 at 5:05 am

Hey, Somebody got great ideas for others. Thank for letting these ideas and thoughts to us.

June 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm

This is exactly what I am going to do in my bathroom. Could you ladies let us know how you did the top row…this is stumping me :/
    Thanks so much