Hello everyone! It feels good to be back here visiting Classy Clutter! I have been a little MIA lately but for good reason. I (like Mallory) am pregnant with a little BOY! The first trimester completely takes me out of commission. But, I am starting to feel much better and have been slowly getting back into the kitchen which feels really good!
Today I am excited to share my take on a classic recipe. I got the recipe from a family I used to nanny for. Except this time when I made it I added a decadent cheesecake swirl. It is so good. And best of all, easy to do!
So without further ado, here is the recipe!
Cheesecake Banana Cake Recipe
- FOR THE BANANA CAKE:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter your bundt pan. Then sprinkle with white sugar until it is coated.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the sour cream, mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER: Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla till smooth.
- Pour half of the banana batter into the prepared bundt pan. Now pour the cheesecake mixture on top. Finally pour the remaining banana batter over the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 50 min to 1 hour or until cake bounces back when touched.
- NOTES: I have made this with greek yogurt instead of sour cream and it works great although I prefer the sour cream 🙂
Thanks so much for sharing this amazing recipe with us Adell! Congrats on your little boy!!! So glad that you’re feeling better! Be sure to check out her other recipes on her blog, Baked in Arizona. Also, check out the other recipe’s she’s shared on our blog!
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah