Skinny Strawberry Orange Julius

Strawberry Orange Julius

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have heard that I’m expecting baby #4 and it’s a boy! My 4th boy! My husband claims he doesn’t know how to make girls. It’s a ridiculous statement but apparently true. πŸ˜‰  With this pregnancy, if a craving hits, it hits hard.  The other night, the orange julius hit hard. Thank you Dairy Queen for taking care of that ASAP. While it may have satisfied the craving, it wasn’t that great. It was watery, not very frothy and thick as I wanted.

I remember my mom making these delicious orange julius’ when I was a kid so I knew I could do it at home.  My husband and I came up with a delicious recipe and a few days later, I made it again with fresh strawberries and it was SO good; I knew I had to share it with you guys!

Strawberry Orange Julius 2

Ingredients:

1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate (about 6oz)
1 cup of cut up strawberries (frozen or fresh)
1 cup milk (almond milk works great too! My husband is a vegan so this worked for us)
1 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup of sugar (I used a 50/50 sugar + stevia blend to cut a few calories)
12-15 ice cubes

*Makes 2 large servings* I had lots more left over after these two glasses.

Mix all ingredients in the blender until smooth and creamy! That’s it! So easy right?

Strawberry Orange Julius 3

This is the most perfect drink for a sunny Spring or Summer day! Can you tell I’m willing Spring to get here as hard as I can. It’s not working. Today is warmer and sunny but we’re supposed to get a foot or so of snow tomorrow. Boo!!!
Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

For more yummy recipes, check out our Recipe collection here

Let's be besties!

Yay!!_250px

Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!

xo, Mallory & Savannah

Powered by ConvertKit

Gautham
    March 13, 2014 at 2:15 pm

4th Boy, Congrats. I hope you a lot of patience to handle your boys.

Sami
    March 16, 2014 at 9:53 am

Sounds great! I love a protein shake every morning…it’s just a nice way to get started:) Thanks for a new yummy recipe! Congrats on another baby boy!
    New follower from the Saturday night Fever linkup
    Sami recently posted…FlipBelt GIVEAWAY! Run into Spring in StyleMy Profile

Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy
    March 18, 2014 at 10:33 am

Holy COW!!!! I have to make this ASAP!!! There is nothing better than an orange julius! Thanks for this recipe, Mal! Pinned!!
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy recently posted…Rainbow Jello CupsMy Profile

Andi @ The Weary Chef
    March 24, 2014 at 1:04 am

I grew up drinking Orange Julius but haven’t had one in years. I think I’ll try your version instead of going to my local DQ! Looks great πŸ™‚

Congratulations on your baby boy! I have two boys, and I’m convinced that if we had five more kids, there wouldn’t be a girl in the bunch!
    Andi @ The Weary Chef recently posted…Quinoa and Cucumber Salad RecipeMy Profile

Sarah from Creating Contentment
    March 26, 2014 at 7:10 am

I have four boys. My husband always used to say they he can’t make girls too. But then we had a daughter. A girl is amazing. All I can say is good luck with your boys! If they are nothing like mine ( active, loud, messy, destructive) you’ll need it!!!

20+ Healthy Summertime Snacks - Yummy Healthy Easy