Coral and Mint Living Room Reveal

Living Room Reveal 1

Living Room Reveal 2

If you’ve been a follower of our blog for a while, you may have seen this room made over before. This is this room’s 4th, yep, 4th makeover. I have learned so much about what works for this space (and our family!) and what doesn’t. I FINALLY love this room.  I love it because it totally reflects my style and nearly every element of the room was a DIY done by yours truly. I’m talking, the wall paint, refinished floors, curtains, ALL of the furniture, including the sofas and many of the accessories were all made by moi!

From 2011, when we moved in and had zero decor (and no decorating budget!) This room has come a long, long way! Since moving in, I have painted the room twice. Once a pretty grey (Glidden – Pebble Grey) with a striped accent wall and hallway. Now, we have a crisp white (Behr – Swiss Coffee) room with a Mandilicious, Vintage Revivals inspired gold sharpie accent wall.  It’s funny but I can totally see my style shift and I finally figured out what “my style” is.

Gold Sharpie Wall

In 2012, I refinished the wood floors that were hiding beneath the beige builder grade carpet and painted my favorite yard sale find to date, the Coral TV Console. The paint color is Sherwin Williams – Emotional with a tiny bit of white to lighten it up just a little.

Living Room Reveal 3

On the other side of the room, I painted both end tables and the coffee table white to keep it neutral. The lamps were spray painted with Krylon Navy spray paint and Rustoleum’s Gold Metallic. The lamp shades are from Target.

Navy and Gold Lamp

The area rug is also from Target. It’s a light color but has held up well to spills, kids and snow being tracked in the house.

Reupholstered Sofa

I tackled one of my biggest DIYs ever and reupholstered and tufted these thrift store sofas and painted the legs gold then dry brushed them with a grey to distress it and tone down the metallic gold.  I am in love with the look of these and they’re super comfy!

Gold Gallery Wall

Another fun project I did was put together this Gold Glam Gallery Wall. I love that it’s carried over past the corner and goes onto two walls. Most of the frames and mirrors are thrifted with one exception. I framed some family photos, created these hand painted DIY family silhouettes of my husband and I, made the personalized “Nikolaus – forever, for always, no matter what” sign for our family, added the map (a clearance steal from Target!) and some fun prints to the wall. I love how it all came together.

Throw Pillows

I’m a sucker for cute throw pillows. The gold ones are from HomeGoods and the floral is from DecoMod Walls. The mint bicycle one has gold faux snakeskin fabric on the back and for the front I used mint cotton fabric. I used my Silhouette and some white heat transfer paper to make the cute vintage bicycle. I love the little quirkiness it adds!

Mint and Gold Hallway

If you look past the gallery wall into the hallway, you can see my mint hallway with another gold mirror and gold triangle vinyl decals. I’ve already been asked where I got them after posting a photo on instagram so I added them to my Etsy shop! You can purchase them here if you’d like!

Living Room Reveal 1

If the door is open, you can see my super fun mint coat closet makeover. That closet makeover was a long time coming and has helped tremendously in keeping this room tidy… most of the time. 😉 The mint color is a mix of Behr – Canton Jade and Tropical Dream. It’s the perfect shade of mint. I used the same paint color in the hallway when I painted over the grey and white stripes.

For the little sitting area, I reupholstered this $5 yard sale chair into the best chair ever. I love it so much! Mint and gold are just perfection.

Mint Chair Corner

The rug is from HomeGoods and the side table is from Target. I love how the glass almost has a mint tone to it so it matches so well! See the curtains peeking behind the table and chair?

I made these ombré, coral and gold, ikat curtains for $5 from a twin sheet! I couldn’t find the right fabric so I hand painted the ikat design! You can find the full tutorial here.

Wow! Okay, got all that!? 😉  This is my favorite room in the house and it was chalk full of DIYs, re-DIYs and tons of ideas. Some of which worked, some didn’t. I love the decorating process and I’m a DIYer for life! For now, I’ll sit back and enjoy this room until we move next year!

DIY Living Room Makeover

I am submitting this makeover to Creating with the Stars 2014! If you liked this, please head over and click on this project on the link party (#245) to increase our chances of being chosen!  Savannah and I are die-hard DIYers and this competition would be so amazing for us to be a part of!! Head over and check it out here. Leave a comment and tell them how much you love this room and the Classy Clutter girls!!!  We are entry #245 in the link up!!!! Please head over and click on the project to help us earn a spot!

If you love this room, please pin it and share it!

Mallory Bombshell Sig.png

Shop this project with text

Before you go...

McKenzie Guymon
    March 7, 2014 at 1:32 am

Oh my gosh I love this so much. This is gorgeous!

Susan
    March 7, 2014 at 7:26 am

Just love it! All of the personal touches and the custom upholstery, you’re very talented!

anoushka
    March 7, 2014 at 11:59 am

oh my goodness coral and mint combined is SO FRESH!! i love both colors but never considered pairing them together (they were always the “accent” color) your living room looks like a lovely light place to spend time. it must be so rewarding to be surrounded by things you’ve made/done up yourself! i hope to get stuck into my own living space soon after being inspired by this post 🙂

Krista @thehappyhousie
    March 7, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I do LOVE LOVE LOVE it- everything- so fresh and white and tons of hits of gorgeous color and gold and all kinds of amazing detail….I could go on and on in one of the longest run on sentences ever I think. Seriously amazing and stunning job Mallory and I am heading over to share it on my G+ and Facebook/Twitter too!! Love!
    ~Krista
    Krista @thehappyhousie recently posted…DIY Book Display Wall Shelves {PB Kids Knock Off}My Profile

Stephanie
    March 7, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I love this room, especially those gold mirrors/ frames!
    Stephanie recently posted…DIY Yarn Wall HangingMy Profile

courtney
    March 7, 2014 at 9:06 pm

You’ve inspired me so much! You have no idea! I’ve been so afraid to tackle my front living room because it seems overwhelming, but seeing this post has made me believe I can create a beautiful space on a budget! My three friends and I created a lifestyle link party called Be.You.Tiful, where we focus on interior design, beauty, fashion, healthy living, and what inspired us! You’re the perfect match for the party and I love your creative content! You can link up here: http://www.frysauceandgrits.com/2014/03/beyoutiful-link-party-10.html

Crystelle
    March 7, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I love it soooo much, I just want to move in… .Would that be ok? 🙂
    xx Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique
    Crystelle recently posted…Sew a Heart Warmer  {Quick and Easy}My Profile

Brandi @ Nest of Bliss
    March 8, 2014 at 7:20 am

I am so impressed with this entire room! You are a reupholstering queen! I eyed the beautiful furniture right away. 🙂
    Brandi @ Nest of Bliss recently posted…Creating a Personalized Bedding SetMy Profile

Michelle @ Elegance & Enchantment
    March 9, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Oh my goodness! What a stunning room! I think my living room needs a bit of a face lift. 🙂 Thank you for sharing and inspiring!
    Michelle @ Elegance & Enchantment recently posted…Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day CoastersMy Profile

Kristin C.
    March 13, 2014 at 9:32 am

Love love love your room! =)

Gautham
    March 13, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Awesome makeover, i just fell in love with it. I will take some of these ideas if you don’t mind.
    Gautham recently posted…How to Block a Number in ViberMy Profile

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG
    March 15, 2014 at 11:17 am

I found this on Pinterest – WOW – Love all of it!!! I am your newest bloglovin’ follower!! Great inspiration!
    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG recently posted…How to Make Quick/Cheap Art!My Profile

Justine Y
    March 17, 2014 at 11:48 am

Ohmygosh, I am in LOVE with your gallery wall! Well done! The whole room looks great!

lesley
    March 17, 2014 at 2:06 pm

This is on so many levels my favorite room I’ve seen in a really long time!!! It’s perfect! I don’t even know what I like the best. The furniture makeovers are outstanding. Great job!

Lesley
    lesley recently posted…Easy Tab Top Curtain PanelsMy Profile

Jennifer Menteer
    March 20, 2014 at 12:35 am

SO, SO, SO in love with this room! Everything is totally awesome! Congrats on getting in at EC2!! Can’t wait to see what you do!

March 20, 2014 at 9:51 am

Thanks Jennifer! You are so sweet!!! Thanks for stopping by! I can’t wait to show you what we have planned for Creating with the Stars! It’s a crazy, awesome project! Thanks a bunch! xoxo – Mallory

franki
    March 28, 2014 at 1:14 pm

This is just FANTASTIC….I especially love that aqua/mint chair and poppy pillow!! WOW!! franki

DIY Scalloped Accent Wall
    May 15, 2014 at 7:47 am

[…] you used a sharpie paint pen yet? Have you seen Mallory’s Paint Pen Accent Wall. Check it out HERE! It is […]

Update Your Living Room
    June 3, 2014 at 7:01 pm

[…] Cover Image & Main Image: Classy Clutter […]

Christina @The DIY Mommy
    June 6, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I love this room so much. You did such a good job; so inspiring! I’m decorating my living room in these colours, and I hope it looks half as good as yours! Xoxo
    Christina @The DIY Mommy recently posted…9 Favourite DIY Kid’s Tutorials (From 2009-2014)My Profile

Jordan
    June 19, 2014 at 9:25 am

This is BEAUTIFUL. We have the same decorating style. Amazing job.

Robin + Rose Design
    June 30, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I love the color scheme and the wall treatments, especially the one in the hallway!
    Robin + Rose Design recently posted…HOW TO: Make a Potted Felt FernMy Profile

Screendoorgirl 3
    July 5, 2014 at 7:10 am

I love the gold gallery wall-really adds sparkle. Thanks for sharing all!

Kristi
    July 17, 2014 at 7:40 pm

SUCH a gorgeous space!!! So fun to look back on the changes through the years too! Excited to share this tomorrow with my favorite posts from this week at http://www.makingitinthemountains.com! Wishing you a fabulous weekend!
    Kristi recently posted…A Perfect Salad for Summer: Colorful Beetroot SaladMy Profile

Monalisa Topolinski
    July 19, 2014 at 11:37 am

Love the gallery, specially the mirrors. May I ask where did you get all your mirrors at?

July 19, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Almost all of them were from thrift stores. Some are spray painted gold and some came that way. Hobby Lobby also has a great selection of mirrors!

Amanda
    August 30, 2014 at 11:05 am

Hi!!
    I love the room and that shade of mint! My hubby and I actually just pick up a ton of mint samples the other day and were trying to decide and what do you know I have that sample here! How did you mix the two colors? I have never heard if doing that 🙂

Thanks!! 🙂

White Fireplace and Mantel Redo - Classy Clutter
    October 16, 2014 at 1:23 pm

[…] I got this cute deer head from White Faux Taxidermy.  Mallory has the same one and you can see how she cute hers is in her Living Room Reveal. […]

Jumping on the Sharpie Bandwagon
    November 21, 2014 at 12:12 pm

[…] 2. Classy Clutter: These ladies nailed it! So beautiful and so well done.:) […]

Coral
    December 30, 2014 at 1:57 am

Spectacular!!! You are so clever and creative.

kristie
    August 20, 2015 at 4:04 pm

I LOVE it!!! Seriously beautiful and very inviting. Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing!
    kristie recently posted…Favorite Girl BooksMy Profile