Welcome to day 2 of our Gift Ideas in a Jar series! Be sure to check out day 1 – Pampering Spa Gift in a jar (by Savannah) if you missed it yesterday. Jar gifts have been around for a while and we love them! They’re so simple and cute and you can get super creative with what to put inside. I love them for a quick birthday, baby shower, baptism, anniversary, Mother’s Day gift etc! Nothing like having a cute jar gift handy when you forget it’s your friend’s birthday!
Today I’m going to share one of my favorite gift ideas, homemade sugar scrubs in a jar. I love sugar scrubs. They exfoliate your skin so nicely and you can make them smell absolutely awesome! I’m a huge citrus fan so I decided to make a lemon-lime concoction. My goodness it smells so good and is super easy to make.
Recipe: (Makes 2-3 pint size mason jars)
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon or lemon-lime scented liquid soap (I used a lemon citrus hand soap that I found at Michael’s for $1)
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until you like the consistency. I went for a smoother scrub. Play with the ratios a bit until you get it how you like it. If you want it chunkier or more dry, use less soap or more sugar.
- Spoon into jars and place lids on tightly.
- Add your free printable label and give away (or pamper yourself with it!)
For the labels, you are welcome to print this free Exfoliating Sugar Scrub label I made. Please remember these are for personal use only.
Print your labels and cut them out. I used ribbon and glue dots to secure it to the jar. You could even print them on sticker/label paper and stick it right on the jar.
Download the Sugar Scrub printable here or right click and save the above image to your computer.
Mmm… now excuse me while I go draw myself a bath. *winks*
Don’t forget to stop by the rest of this week for more great gift ideas in a jar! Mother’s Day is coming up soon so I’ll bet you’ll need some more ideas.