Welcome to Day 3 of our Gift Ideas in a Jar series! Hope you’re enjoying the ideas we’ve had this week! Its a DIY warm cocoa bath soak!
I am a bath lover. I prefer a bath over a shower any day. One thing I love to do for “me time” is draw a nice (piping hot!) bath after I’ve put the kids to bed and just sit and do nothing. I love it. What makes it even better is when I have some yummy bath salts, fizzies, milk bath or yummy smelling bubble bath to add to the water.
Today, I made the best one yet. This DIY Warm Cocoa Bath soak is a mix of DIY Cocoa bath salts and DIY Milk bath that will leave you (and your skin!) feeling incredible.
I’ve got two simple recipes for the bath soak and I layered them in this jar. First we have the Cocoa Bath Salts. I also added the benefits of each ingredient below. I love how therapeutic this bath soak is.
Cocoa Bath Salts
- 1 cup of Epsom Salt – great for injuries, constipation relief, body aches and muscle cramps
- 1 cup of coarse Sea Salt – great for insomnia, eczema, stress reduction
- 1 Tablespoon of Unsweetened cocoa powder – helps to keep skin clear and hydrated
– Combine all ingredients in a glass or stainless steel bowl until mixed thoroughly.
Creamy Milk Bath
- 2 cups of powdered milk (whole milk is best)
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch – soothes and relieves dry, itchy skin
- 1/2 cup of baking soda – natural skin softener
– Combine all ingredients in a bowl until mixed thoroughly.
Now for a gift, you could simply add either the Cocoa Bath Salts or the Creamy Milk Bath to a jar. If you do just the milk bath, I’d suggest adding a couple drops of your favorite essential oil (like lavender) to the jar and shake to combine. You definitely want to experience the scent of the soak and if you don’t use the Cocoa salts, the milk bath alone can be a little bland but will still have awesome benefits to your skin.
I wanted to do both so I decided to layer the Cocoa Bath Salts and the Milk Bath. Just layer the two until you like the look of it. Then, seal it with your jar lid. Store in a cool, dark place or give to a friend! You can download this free Bath Soak printable here.
You can also right click and save the above printable to your computer. I printed mine on sticker paper and cut it out and stuck it on the jar. Easy!
Don’t forget to check out Day 1 and Day 2 of our Gift Ideas in a Jar series.
Let's be besties!
Heeey friend! Subscribe to join our tribe! We'll make sure you're up to date on all things Home and DIY!
xo, Mallory & Savannah