Sonic Cherry Limeade Copycat Recipe

New York is cool. I mean, NYC is really cool (obviously!) but NY in general is cool. I live in Western NY and we love it here. It’s temporary until my husband finishes dental school but for now, we love it. One thing Western NY is seriously lacking is some decent fast food. I mean there is Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds, what have you; but I miss Arizona’s fast food options terribly. That sounds bad, but I do. ;)

SONIC Cherry Limeade

Sonic is one of my favorites. Their food is okay but their drinks and treats are bomb. Nothing like an ice cold, happy hour, half priced Sonic beverage. This is kind of ridiculous how seriously bad I miss Sonic drinks, but it’s true. What’s a girl to do?

Well, I’m a DIY girl and I decided to take matters into my own hands. Instead of driving 2-3 hours to the nearest Sonic, I scoured the internet for a copycat and tweaked it until it was perfect.  In my most humble opinion, I nailed it.

The Sonic Cherry Limeade copycat recipe is born. Oh, it’s the easiest thing ever. You’re welcome.

Cherry Limeade 3

Recipe

• 1 2 liter of Sprite (or Diet Sprite if you want!)
  • 1 12 oz frozen limeade from concentrate – I used Minute Maid. Not sure if the brand choice would change the taste but Minute Maid was perfect.
  • 1 small jar of maraschino cherries

Instructions

• In a large pitcher, combine Sprite, frozen limeade and the entire jar of maraschino cherries (including the syrup).
  • Mix slowly so your Sprite doesn’t go flat.
  • Pour over ice and add a wedge of lime (optional but awesome)
  • Enjoy!

Cherry Limeade 2

This drink is perfection.  You will love it.

Mallory Sig

About Mallory & Savannah

Welcome to our blog! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Mallory and Savannah and we are the brains behind Classy Clutter, a one-stop-shop for all things creative. Classy Clutter keeps us connected from Arizona to New York. We hope you’ll enjoy our blog and come back often for inspiration, tips and tutorials. Thanks for stopping by!
POSTED IN:

12 Responses to Sonic Cherry Limeade Copycat Recipe

1. Liz says:

This made my day! I LOVE Sonic Cherry Limeades, but have not had one since I lived in TX. Been in NY for 3 years now and I CRAVE these so often! Going to get supplies today. :) Cheers!

2. Stephanie says:

Yum, I LOVE Sonic’s cherry limeade! I really need to make this, it would save me a ton of trip to Sonic (and some money too!)
    Stephanie recently posted…2013 a Year in Wordless Wednesday Photos {LINKY}My Profile

3. Jenna says:

I am so excited I found this recipe. This is my moms all time favorite drink. She is visiting next month and I am going to make it for her. She will be quite excited.
    I know what you mean about missing fast food restaurants. I still dream about chic-fil-a milkshakes ;) happy new year!
    Jenna recently posted…The New YearMy Profile

4. Tab says:

The way a Sonic cherry lime aid is made is as follows. (Route 44 size) Sprite, two squirts of cherry syrup, a squeeze of one wedge of lime and crushed ice. Cherries and lime wedge in the bottom. Save on the concentrate. :-)

5. Shannon says:

This will make my husband and children very happy! Thanks for sharing.

6. I am addicted to Sonic Limeades! Thanks for the recipe.

Would love to have you link up at Link’n Blogs with this post, too!

xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

7. I have good memories of Sonic too! You have made me feel nostalgic! I love pink drinks, they just make me feel like it is a party. This will be great for kiddos and adults for the Super Bowl! Our readers will love this idea.
    We would love to have you join us at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It goes live tonight at 7 MST at http://www.madefrompinterest.net. It would be our honor to have you share your great work with us!

8. Thanks for posting this at the Saturday Night Fever link party. Hope to see you back on Saturday!

9. Jamielyn Nye says:

Love this!! I miss AZ food too!

10. Pingback: Saturday Night Fever #16: A Recipe Link Party

11. Jelli says:

Mallorie, this looks so tasty. Lovin’ your blog, especially that fun-loving profile pic. Found your site from Super Saturday and so excited to take a look around. Pinning this recipe.
    Jelli recently posted…Cream Cheese Pound Cake CupcakesMy Profile